We're happy to announce that our Rocky Mount and Westlake locations have reopened to the public on a limited schedule. We’re eager to welcome everyone to walk through our doors again. Please take a few minutes to read the following so you know what to expect. Things will look and feel different as we all work together to keep our community safe and healthy.
As of June 23, our Rocky Mount and Westlake buildings are open
. Curbside pickup service continues at both locations on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 9A-5P.
When using library facilities, please follow the COVID-19 public health recommendations by the Virginia Governor’s office, the Virginia Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). To protect yourself as well as staff, patrons, and volunteers, we want to emphasize two high-priority recommendations:
**Please stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people when you’re inside the library.
**Please bring and wear a face covering or mask when you’re inside the library.
The CDC strongly advises wearing cloth face coverings in public settings to help control spreading COVID-19. If you receive any one-on-one assistance from staff, such as computer help, we’ll ask you to wear a mask or face covering. Please bring your own.
Learn how to make a face covering.
In addition to the physical distancing and face covering recommendations, we've implemented several other safety and health protocols, including:
- In-person gatherings of more than 50 individuals are prohibited. Please try to keep your time in the building to a half hour or less, and please bear with us if we ask you to limit your visit to accommodate people waiting to use the library.
- Library facilities are not open for meetings or gatherings of book clubs or other groups. In addition, we’re unable to accept new meeting room reservations at this time.
- A limited number of public computers are available for 30 minutes per user. Physical distancing and disinfecting requirements have reduced availability.
- Late fees will resume starting July 1.
- All in-person classes, events, and programs, including story hours, toddler times, and all other programs for children and adults, are canceled this summer.
- The Bookmobile will not operate this summer.
NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS!
hold our children’s and adults’ summer reading challenges—with prizes, too! Stay tuned for details.
offer a dedicated computer for you to complete the 2020 Census. Census counts affect the amount of federal funding given to Franklin County for many vital services, including hospitals, fire departments, unemployment insurance, and, yes, the library. We’ve made it easy for you to complete the Census quickly and privately.
· 500-plus online classes, many offering CEUs
· learn-a-new-language resources
· legal forms
· thousands of e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines
· career development and job networking tools
continue curbside pickup service at both locations (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 9A-5P.). In addition, we invite you to use our book drops to return items. The Rocky Mount book drop is available 24/7/365. Westlake’s book drop is open Monday to Friday only. (It is closed and locked on weekends.)
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
MAIN LIBRARY: (540) 483-3098 option 1
WESTLAKE BRANCH: (540) 483-3098 option 2