Friday, September 24th, 2021
A morning full of walking, jogging, dancing, skipping...
Don't forget noon dismissal!
Can you believe our last in-person Jog-A-Thon
was in May of 2019? We are so excited the Jog-A-Thon
this year! For those new to OLG, the Jog-A-Thon
is a fun way for the kids to get moving and also help raise money for the school at the same time! On Friday September 24th every student will participate with their class in either walking or running laps down at the Walt Hundley play field. We'll be safely distanced and masked in cohorts for this event, with a great time for all. Preschool/Pre-K classes will have separate schedule and location.
Students are getting excited for our theme: "Rockin’ Rainbow Dash and Splash". Classes are starting to generate their ideas, and this is the first "Spirit Wear" free dress day of the year! All students should be pumped up and dressed for the theme! Run, walk, jog or skip in rainbow apparel or dressed up as a rockstar.... class and individual prizes are up for grabs for theme dress!
We're getting excited, so now how to turn energy into dollars... Students get prizes for most collected, most spirit and top runners so here we go...
- Direct donations are easy to make here.
- No pledge forms, all online donations... but if your child (or family and friend donors) are motivated by number of laps run, know that prizes will be given based on laps and students will come home with a lap count on the event day. The donation portal will stay open that weekend for you and your family who are donating per lap.
- Proceeds from the Jog-A-Thon event go to support all the great things that happen here at OLG. All donations are 100% tax deductible and go directory to help support the programs of OLG School.
- Invite all your friends and family to participate through social media and your networks (copy and paste that donation link below). Looking for language, here is a sample email you can use (don't forget to change the names :)
- Amazon certificate + OLG cinch backpack for students with largest donations collected. Roxbury Lanes certificate + OLG cinch backpack for most collected
- Pizza Party for the Top 2 Runners from each class
- Free Dress Day for the Class with Most Spirit
- Ice Cream party for Class with most money collected + OLG cinch backpack
Reminder: Noon Dismissal - Pick up at 12:00 pm. Kids should be ready for some down time today! EDC (Extended Day Care) for K-8 is open until 5pm, but you must sign up ahead! NO Preschool/Pre-K after care today.