Updates from the Administration:
The Messages to the Mount will be back to Wednesdays starting next week.
Over the coming weeks we will be meeting frequently with our PTO Board, School Council and Staff to reflect on our reopening of the school. We anticipate improvements as we journey through each week. As a parent, you are always welcome to contact the school directly or speak with a School Council representative.
Here are a few thoughts as we finish up our first few days of school.
A few things that are going really well these first days of school:
- Students being kind and studious (lots of learning taking place)
- Students and Staff wearing masks and respecting each others space
- Cleaning of the school throughout the day
- Outside classes and lunch periods
- Parent Lunch Helpers!
- Classes following our hallway and sanitizing guidelines
- The care our teachers are showing the students
- The response from the Hamilton Co. Health Depart. concerning health questions has been excellent
A fews things to note that will continue to improve:
Carpool- long lines and delays (although we are improving). Remember that all cars should pull forward before stopping to let your children out. The students can then walk to the correct door to enter the school.
- Student and Staff stamina (5 months without in-person school and all new procedures is tiring!)
- Students and Staff being comfortable with wearing a mask for a long period of time.
- Building our work and home routines!
We did receive some guidance from the Health Department around buffs/gaiters. Multi-layered buff/gaiters are acceptable for school use. There are several products available that even come with replaceable filters. Gaiters or buffs that are single layered, thin, and "see through" are not effective and should not be used. If you have a question about a gaiter or buff, you are welcome to bring it by the office for clarification.
We appreciate how patient and understanding everyone has been as we learn new procedures and processed together!