The Blount County Public Library
opens to the public on July 6th, 2020
with revised hours and services.
We are here and ready to serve!
New Library Hours
- Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday - Saturday 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Sunday - Closed
During operating hours, the library will provide the following services:
- Open access to the library building and The Bookmark Cafe
- Computer use by appointment for patrons who need assistance
- Self-service computers for patrons who need no assistance
- Self-checkout of library materials with oversight by a staff member
- In-person patron account support
- Phone and virtual patron accounts and reference support
- Virtual library programming
- Virtual instructional classes, as scheduled
- Accepting and fulfilling reserve requests
- The Curbside Pickup Schedule is
- Tuesday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm,
- Thursday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm, and
- Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Public Meeting Rooms
In order to observe social distancing protocol, the library has set up two large meeting spaces with each space able to accommodate a maximum number of 32 people. Zoom is also available for offsite participants. The Learning Lab will be available for groups of 10 people or less.
- Staff will be available to offer technology support during meetings.
- The Bookmark Cafe will continue to provide catering services to groups using the meeting rooms.
- Public Meeting Rooms will operate under an expanded schedule
- The Public Meeting Rooms Schedule is
- Monday - Saturday 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Curbside Pickup - Patrons may reserve items online or by calling 865-982-0981.
- Returning Materials - The Drive-Thru Book Drop is the ONLY method to return materials at this time.
- Computers by Appointment - Patrons can reserve two-hour computer appointments with assistance by calling 865-982-0981.
- Wireless Internet – Wi-Fi remains available both inside and outside the building.
Safety as a Priority
Signage will remind patrons about symptoms, social distancing, and proper hygiene.
Services will involve little or no person-to-person contact at this time. Glass shields are installed at service desks.
- Temperature will be taken upon entering the library.
- Masks are recommended for everyone while in the building.
- Library materials are ONLY being accepted through the our Drive-Thru Book Drop.
We request that library patrons follow these guidelines, in order to protect themselves and others:
- Wear a face covering.
- Maintain a minimum 6 feet in physical distancing.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick, or have symptoms of COVID-19.
Library staff are also expected to comply with safety requirements:
- Wear personal protective gear.
- Respect social distancing and hygiene measures.
- Follow protocols for regular cleaning of surfaces and equipment.
- Quarantine library materials for 96 hours before check-in.
While we are providing limited services, we are offering greater flexibility with user accounts.
- Call us on 865-982-0981 and we can get you what you need.
- Reserves at this time will continue to have no charge associated with them.
- REMINDER - The quarantine of returned materials will result in a delay of items being removed from your account. You will not be fined for additional days that returned items are quarantined.
Blount County Public Library provides virtual programs and services that all ages can enjoy at home. We invite you to visit our website and social media for the latest updates on activities this summer.
Commitment to Community
Blount County Public Library remains committed to the community, especially as we face these
together. We appreciate your patience and support as we work through this phased process. Thank you for looking to the future and going on the journey with us.
We are excited to welcome you back to the library.