FROM: Community Safety Services DATE: June 6, 2022
OPP RECORD CHECKS MOVING ONLINE AS OF JUNE 13
New process is quick, easy and secure
- The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is moving record checks online as of June 13, 2022. The new process will allow those living in OPP-policed communities to submit requests for police record checks at opp.ca/recordchecks
The online application process will allow members of the public to apply quickly, easily and securely for:
• Criminal Record Check (CRC)
• Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
• Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
• OPP Non-Parent Custody Check (LE213)
Payment will be collected electronically as part of the online application process, with results delivered directly to the applicant through a secure portal link.
The fees for record checks remain unchanged:
• Record checks: $41.00
• Fingerprints: $90.00
• Volunteer checks: free
Additional information will be available for the public at opp.ca/recordchecks
as of June 13, 2022.
"On average, the OPP completes 140,000 police record checks every year. We are so pleased to launch the new online system, which will significantly streamline the application process for both our members and the public. Moving police record checks online allows the OPP to efficiently and effectively meet the needs of the communities we serve."
-Deputy Commissioner Chris Harkins, Field Operations