The Board of Education approved the budget requests for Douglas County School District 001 and Educational Service Unit No. 19. This includes:
- Approval of the 2022-2023 Property Tax Request - Douglas County School District 0001
- Approval of the 2022-2023 Property Tax Request - Educational Service Unit No. 19
- Approval of the 2022-2023 General Fund - Douglas County School District 0001
- Approval of the Douglas County School District 0001 2022-2023 Budgets Which Require a Levy - Excluding General Fund
- Approval of the Douglas County School District 0001 2022-2023 Budgets Which Do Not Require a Tax Levy
- Approval of the 2022-2023 Budget - Educational Service Unit No. 19
The budget focuses resources on key initiatives in the Strategic Plan of Action, investing in the future of our students and staff, and ensuring technology, materials and facilities needed to learn and grow are available to all students.
Revenue and expenses for the general fund are both budgeted at $710 million for the 2022-23 school year. Benefits and salaries make up 78% of the budgeted expenses. The total property tax levy is $1.231091, a decrease of ($0.002007) from the previous year.
A breakdown of the general fund budget is as follows:
General Fund Revenues:
- Property Taxes: $285.1 million
- Other Local Receipts (motor vehicle taxes, interest on investments, court fees, fines, licenses, etc.): $42.9 million
- Other State Receipts: $41 million
- Federal Receipts: $6 million
- State Aid: $286.5 million
- General Fund Reserves $46.3 million
General Fund Expenditures:
- Salaries and Benefits: $554.9 million
Contracted or Purchased Services: $97.8 million
- Supplies and Materials: $53 million
- Equipment and Other Costs: $4.4 million
Salaries and benefits include the Annual Required Contribution (ARC) for our district’s pension plan. The budgeted ARC is based on an actuarial study completed in January each year. Twenty-four and a half ($24.5) million is included in the 2022-23 budget, across all funds, for next year’s ARC.
The complete budget information can be found on our district website.