Oral cancer screenings are an important part of your routine dental exam at WRR. If oral cancer is detected and treated early, there is a much higher chance of surviving without long-term problems. It’s important for everyone to learn about the signs and symptoms of oral cancer.
A few common symptoms are:
- Sore throat or feeling like something is stuck at the back of your throat
- A sore or irritation around your face, mouth, or neck that has not healed after 2 weeks
- Difficulty swallowing, chewing, or moving your jaw or tongue
- Numbness, tenderness, or loss of sensation around the mouth, face, or neck
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Red or white patches in your mouth
- Bumps, swollen areas, lumps inside the mouth or on the gums or lips
If you notice any of these symptoms, be sure to contact our office. And, it’s important to keep up with those regular dental visits so that we can conduct your screenings. Early detection in oral cancer is key in saving lives.