Reminders: All previous bulletins and other resources listed at
. Resource requests from our community institutions listed at the end of this bulletin. Send any questions to
City of Pekin Now Taking Applications for Small Business Assistance Fund
The City of Pekin is now accepting applications to its Small Business Assistance Fund. The City will award up to $1 million in small grants to assist businesses with working capital needs. Small businesses ared defined as those with 50 employees or less and less than $1 million in annual gross revenue. Businesses with W-2 employees can receive up to $5,000; self-employed individuals and businesses who do not have W-2 employees can receive up to $2,000. Other restrictions apply. More details
and the application portal can be found
. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
Career Link Resources Available
Career Link has created a slide deck that outlines the program funding available to businesses to help avoid layoffs. Eligible uses of funds include purchasing computers and software to allow employees to work remotely and cleaning/sanitation services that will allow a company to continue operations. Information
. For more information, contact Norm Griffin at
OSHA Guidelines on COVID-19 Incidents
Illinois Manufacturers Association
: The U.S. Department of Labor announced that businesses will not have to consider confirmed cases of COVID-19 as recordable incidents for Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) record keeping purposes unless the case (1) Is confirmed as a COVID-19 illness; (2) Is determined to be
as defined by 29 CFR 1904.5; and (3) Involves one or more of the general recording criteria in 29 CFR 1904.7, such as medical treatment beyond first aid or days away from work. OSHA also noted that determining whether a worker contracted COVID-19 while performing work duties is difficult given ongoing community spread, and in light of those difficulties, OSHA is exercising its enforcement discretion in order to provide certainty to the regulated community. You can find the OSHA enforcement memo
and more information on this subject
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donations are being matched to up to $10,000. Donate here.UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- UICOMP Accepting Handmade Masks – The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accepting donations of handmade masks. Details can be found here.
- IWIRC: Seeking standard PPE such as N-95/surgical/home-made masks, face shields, gowns, and latex-free gloves. Donated supplies can be dropped off at their downtown Peoria clinic location at 736 SW Washington St. Information here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food.Visit their sites for more info.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community United Church of Christ and Grace Church provided meals to Morton kids over Spring Break.To help cover some of the expenses, they are graciously accepting monetary donations. Checks can be made out to and mailed to Community United Church of Christ, 300 N. Main St, Morton, IL 61550 with the memo "School Meals".
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council