During the Summer of 2020, when we first began to build our plan for how OTRS would open this school year, there was no way to guess what it all would really look like when we put those plans into action. Now, as we come to the end of our school year, we could never have imagined what a wonderful experience this year has turned out to be! No matter where our students sat when they came to class, each week we filled our spaces with learning, with community, and with joy. It feels hard to believe that the time has already come to say l'hitraot!
And so we are excited to announce that the time has come to register for the Olam Tikvah Religious School 2021-2022 school year! We know you have questions about what the plans are for next year, so here are the things we know right now:
- Based on current recommendations, we expect to see our K-7th grade students from 9am-12pm and our 8th-10th grade students from 10am-12pm in-person at Olam Tikvah on Sunday mornings. We plan to use space differently (and more of it) than we have in past years and as we get closer to the start of the school year we'll have more details about how everything will work.
- One of the reasons we were able to offer in-person learning this year was because we didn't rush to make decisions in the spring or early summer. Instead, we waited a little longer and used the best information available to us to create the right plan for OTRS. We're going to follow that example this year in regards to OTRS on Tuesdays for students in 2nd-7th grade, because we want to be sure that our program works with school (and afterschool) schedules while still keeping in mind the importance of maintaining our community of learners. We'll be providing more information about our plans mid-summer.
Below is everything you need to get your child(ren) registered (we know there's a lot here but please read through it all before you begin the registration process):
When you follow the link at the bottom of this email, it will either take you directly to the form, or to a login page. You must be logged in to register your child. If you need to have your login re-sent, please contact Melissa Benson at email@example.com.
- Once you are logged in and on the registration page, you should see each of your children's names.
- Students who have been enrolled in OTRS previously will already be listed with their 2021-2022 class assignment (you can edit that by clicking "change" next to their name).
- For new students, click on the dropdown menu and choose their appropriate 2021-2022 grade.
Be sure to choose all the children you will be registering. Our registration system has a few quirks and one of them is that it doesn’t like to add additional children to a family’s enrollment once the form has already been completed. If circumstances change, we can easily remove a registration and charges for a student on our end at any time.
- When you are done, you will need to click "continue" at the bottom of the page.
- The next page will populate with some of your family data. Please be sure to check that all of this information is correct and make any changes necessary. You'll also need to fill in additional information for your child. You must provide emergency contact information in order to register your child. When you complete this page, click on "Continue to Materials Fee" to continue the process.
In the billing portion of the registration you'll see the phrase "course fee." This refers to the first quarterly tuition payment. The remaining 3 tuition payments will be billed on Oct 1, Jan 1, and Apr 1. If you wish to be billed monthly please contact Julie Lifland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: To complete your registration, you must hit the "confirm and continue" button on the payment page. If you would like to discuss anything related to billing or payments, including possible adjustments, don't hesitate to contact our bookkeeper, Julie Lifland, at email@example.com. Julie can make any necessary changes to your account on her end at any time, so you should complete your child's registration before contacting her.