Hi Dance Family!
Thank you for your continued support!
With all of the newest announcements and phases of re-opening in place for NC, here is our plan:
- For the next couple of weeks (May 11-21), classes will continue to be held online via the Zoom platform.
- We are taking a leap of faith, and being optimistic, and planning to re-open and run some of our classes with a very limited schedule starting May 26. You will be notified if your child will have class.
- We will be following the NC Department of Health and Human Services Interim Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Guidance for Program Settings Serving Children and Teens.
- We will not hold any Zoom online/virtual classes on May 25 (Memorial Day), or during the week of May 26-28, in order to give our staff time to prepare the studio for the return of students.
Return to the studio on June 1st:
- We will plan to return all classes to the studio on June 1st with modifications in place. We will provide more details in a later email, but modifications will be made to class schedules to allow for extra time between classes to clean and sanitize. You will be notified if your child's class times are affected.
- We will still offer Zoom for those that aren't comfortable with attending in person classes. PLEASE LET US KNOW if you will be utilizing this option. This will allow us time to set up cameras in classes, if needed.
- We will send you a list of safety requirements that will need to be followed in order to participate in studio classes.
- There may be extra class rehearsals held to help students prepare for their on-stage performances.
Things to Note About Recital Week (June 15-20):
- We have ordered recital costumes, but some companies have not shipped them yet due to COVID-19 and their employees being out of work. We may not have all costumes by the time we have recital, but you will receive the costumes you have paid for.
- We will be limited in what we are allowed to do and how we are allowed to gather. This will likely mean a limited number of guests and family are allowed to watch, based on what the Agri-Civic Center is able to allow.
- We will possibly hold multiple very small performances throughout the week of June 15-20. We are still waiting on official numbers of how many people will be allowed to gather before we can make this call.
- We will not have dressing room holding areas, nor will we have volunteers. Parents will be responsible for changing their own child if there is a costume change.
- We will not sell DVDs or have photos available, but will allow parents to the opportunity to take photos/videos of their child.
- We DO plan to sell commemorative recital t-shirts (with every student's name listed on the back), but they may not be back in time for the on-stage performances. We will have order forms available soon.
- "New parents" that haven't been at AAD for a recital yet: Don't fret on what to expect- I will give you detailed instructions once we have more information.