OVCEC Member and City of Wheeling Councilwoman Wendy Scatterday was recent
ly confirmed by the WV Senate for a second appointment by Governor Justice. She will serve the great State of West Virginia with the WV Board of Architects.
The functional objectives of the West Virginia Board of Architects are to administer the provisions of the West Virginia laws, rules, and regulations governing the profession of architecture in such a manner as to protect the public’s health, safety and welfare. The tasks of the Board can be generally classified into administration, education, and enforcement as follows:
- Process and qualify applications for licensees
- Issue licenses to qualified applicants
- Investigate formal complaints filed
- Conduct hearings for possible suspension or revocation of license
- Renew licenses annually
- Audit required continuing education of licensees
- Educate regarding the architect’s role in ensuring public safety
The West Virginia Board of Architects consists of five registered professional architects and two public members, each Board Member being appointed by the Governor of West Virginia with the consent of the Senate of the West Virginia Legislature for terms of five years or until their successors are named.