From the Desk of Mrs. Tiezzi
Dear SRS parents and Guardians,
Yesterday marked the midpoint of the first trimester of school. I’d like to offer a few gentle reminders for both parents and students in order to make sure we are all working together to provide your child/ren with the best education possible during this unprecedented year.
Uniforms - all students must be in proper uniform including footwear. SRS green fleece jackets or green sweaters can be worn with the regular school uniform. SRS sweatshirts can only be worn with the gym uniforms. All other types of clothing and outerwear cannot be worn in the classroom setting.
Appointments during the school day - If you child will be arriving late or leaving early for an appointment, kindly notify the school office, as well as the classroom teacher. The office email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance - If your child is absent from school please notify the school office before 9:00 to avoid receiving a phone call. This applies to both in-person and remote learners.
Morning Drop-Off -Parents are asked not to stop their vehicle in the crosswalk during morning drop-off. To help ensure the safety of all our students and staff the crosswalk needs to remain clear. Please remind your child to only cross at the crosswalk.
Manners - I have noticed that mask wearing seems to be interfering with some student’s ability to communicate especially with adults. Your assistance is needed to remind your child to find and use their voice, speak up to be understood, and say please and thank. This will go a long way in making someone feel appreciated and one of the ways your child can help the light shine within our school community.
Remote Learner Reminders -
- Students must be on-line in school by 8:15 so attendance can be taken. Students who log on after 8:20 will be considered tardy.
- Cameras must be on during class time unless your teacher gives you permission to turn it off. Student faces should be visible to the camera in order for the teacher to interact with the remote learners.
- Work, including tests and quizzes, must be turned in when due via Google classroom. If your child is having trouble submitting work through that portal please submit a screen shot or hard copy to receive credit.
- Weekly work should be picked up on Friday between 3:00-5:00 in order for your child to be prepared for the following week.
- Remote learners may receive differentiated lessons or projects in order for remote students to learn a particular skill. This applies to both specials classes and academic subjects.
- Mrs. Carafano (grades 1-3) and Mr. Lewis (grades 4-8) are the distance learning support teachers. Your child should be checking in with them once or twice a week for support or just to connect. Both teachers have reached out with their contact information. Please contact me if you are having trouble reaching your child’s support teacher.
- In mid-November I will be reaching out to the parents of the remote learners regarding their decision to continue with remote learning for the second trimester or return to in-person instruction. The second trimester begins on Thursday, November 3 and ends on March 8, 2021.
- Some students are having difficulty with internet connections and we are requesting that parents refer to our suggested wifi connectivity guidelines to insure your household wifi can support your child’s remote learning needs.
Let us all work together to offer encouragement, kindness, compassion and hope to members of our school community. Thank you for entrusting your child/ren to our care. Have a great week and go out and let your light shine!