Hi Everyone -
The Street Festival
- They came, they saw, they ate and drank and danced in the streets -- who is “bringing back this fun to Los Gatos”? My theory is that the fun has always been here – we just have to be sure to come alive and celebrate once in a while.
Thanks to all of you who came out for
Eat Drink Play Los Gatos
last Saturday. It was epic. Thanks to the sponsors, especially to our presenting sponsor,
Linda L. Lester
. Thanks to the downtown merchants who made their stores so inviting; to the restaurants who opened their doors and invited everyone in for specials; and to all of the vendors who had booths on the street. Thanks to the Big Wheel riders and the kids zone participants; to
for hosting the Sponsor/VIP reception. Thanks to
Brian Bernasconi, Sereno Group
, our amazing Master of Ceremonies; to all of the talented musicians and performers who made the day so special; and to
, town bagpiper, for opening the event. Thanks to
who were so great at entertainment organizing. Thanks to Perry and Terry from
Thor Audio Solutions
for the great sound; Rachel at
for the stage décor; and
Boys Team Charity
for filling in as needed in all locations. Thank you
LGMS Police Department
for keeping us safe.
Thanks to all of the volunteers! There is no way we could ever have an event like this without your help and your smiles. The saying “it takes a village” takes on a whole new meaning when you are talking about a street festival for 5000 people. Of course we owe a special thanks to volunteer,
, who helped with clean up at the end of the evening. You were amazing! Please come back again anytime. And to
– you are a gift from the heavens! Cheers to you all. Be sure to come to our Member/Volunteer Appreciation party on Thursday, November 14 at NUMU, you'll be getting an invite soon.
We had a wonderful Biz to Biz Luncheon with
Assemblyman Evan Low
. It was a pleasure listening to him and realizing there are a few good ones out there. You have to appreciate his honesty and his integrity. It will be exciting to watch him in the next couple of years.
Lots of Chamber happenings in the next few weeks:
- October Networking Mixer - Wednesday, October 16 at 5:30 p.m. at The Villa Galleria. We look forward to seeing you there. It will be one of the best of the year. If you have not visited this new showroom/store – it should be on the top of your “to do” list. Beautiful space and products!
- Don’t forget the Social Media Workshop this Friday, October 4 with Barbra from “Start from Scratch Social Media”. She will teach you all you wanted to know about Facebook and Business pages. Best part, is she takes you through the learning process one step at a time.
- Lunch and Learn is Tuesday October 8. Los Gatos Docs will be talking about vaccines. We provide lunch and you get to learn!
- Special Ribbon Cuttings coming up are a 10th Anniversary celebration for Therapy Works on October 10 and grand opening for Los Gatos Elite on October 16.
The holidays will be here before we blink an eye. All merchants are invited to a meeting on Thursday, October 10, at 8:30 a.m. We will discuss our new “reimagined” Ladies Holiday Stroll. Champagne will be included somehow, as will some dancing. Stay tuned.
Food and Wine Group, we still meet every 4
Wednesday of the month at 3 p.m. -- so the next one is October 23
. Come and find out what is going on. We have lots of new restaurants coming to Town.
That is all for now – the fall is here - we have fallen into it -- and we are having “Oh so much fun”.
BTW – on October 1
the Town Council listened to you! While there is still some debate I am sure, the Town will return N. Santa Cruz Avenue to two-way traffic. They will remove the angled parking and perfect the parklets. Council will also look at some of the individual elements of the “revitalization” plan and build upon those. Ultimately, they look forward to an infrastructure that will widen the sidewalks and make the Town more pedestrian friendly. Stay tuned. Change is good. Evolution is necessary.
Thanks again for all of your support.