Both schools and arts organizations want the 2020-21 school year to be engaging and meaningful for students! Throughline Arts is hosting a Virtual Learning Through the Arts Panel to bring Educators and Arts Partners together to discuss the needs and opportunities for creative virtual learning through the arts.
Virtual Learning Through the Arts Panel
Monday, October 5 from 4-5pm via Zoom
The focus questions of the conversation will be:
- How are schools addressing virtual arts learning?
- How can arts organizations and teaching artists meet the needs of teachers and students?
- What types of virtual programs are arts organizations offering and who do they serve?
- What does quality look like in virtual arts learning?
The panelists are:
Regenia Bailey, Any Given Child Program Facilitator, Iowa City Community Schools
Kathleen Davenport, Turnaround Arts Local Program Director and Visual Arts Coordinator, Des Moines Public Schools
Amy Hunzelman, Director of Education and Special Programs, Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center
Karoline Myers, Education Manager, Des Moines Performing Arts
Brady Plunger, Associate Curator of Education, University of Iowa Museum of Art
Patricia Toben, Arts and Community Engagement Program Coordinator, Sioux City Community Schools
* The Iowa Arts Council will also share information about the new Virtual Arts Experience Grant.
And we want to hear from you! Participants are encouraged to share their own virtual arts learning resources and ask questions about developing their own programs. Please contact Christina Farrell at email@example.com with any questions!