Most Canadian organizations are creating or executing on a digital transformation strategy, but not all are doing so securely. If you have concerns about the current cybersecurity posture of your organization, you can start by reviewing your existing cyber plan.
One of the most popular resources available online is the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), which provides five key functions to help you maintain an acceptable security posture:
- Identify - All devices on the network must be identified and data classified
- Protect - Deploy all the necessary security controls to protect your data and assets on the network
- Detect - Monitor the network 24 x 7 for malicious activity
- Respond - Have an up-to-date incident response plan to reduce the exposure from data breach
- Recover - Have the proper recovery tools and a formalized plan to minimize downtime.