Odessa Project Connect:
Sat. July 22, 2017
Save the Date!
Blood Drive to Benefit Area Residents
Volunteers are needed!
Next meeting date is July 11 at 7 p.m.
Odessa Project Connect is a one-day, free public health clinic designed to meet the needs of uninsured and underserved adults. This year's Odessa event takes place Saturday, July 22 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Odessa High School. The lead host for the event is the Health Care Collaborative of Rural Missouri and its Live Well Community Health Centers with locations in Buckner, Carrollton, Concordia and Waverly.
Among the free services included are:
- Dental screenings (no cleanings)
- Mental health screenings
- Visions screenings
- Veteran's resources and assistance
- SNAP/EBT enrollment
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
- Vouchers for driver's licenses and birth certificates
- Chiropractic corrections as well as other services
HCC is still seeking volunteers to help with lunches, setup/dismantle, shuttle services, among other support. Volunteer support is greatly needed and includes
- Cosmetologists and barbers to help with haircuts
- Chiropractors and massage therapists
- Guest-services volunteers to help participants navigate event services as well as volunteers to take photos and upload images to a CD
- Golf carts to help with shuttle services
A blood drive is scheduled to support area residents. Additionally, there is still time for vendors to reserve booth space. Visit hccnetwork.org/project-connect to download registration forms and other pertinent information. Volunteers and vendors are asked to register as soon as possible, however the deadline July 14.