This could be due to a data capturing error or because they have been left as place holders for vital information and forgotten. Identifying these blank cells gives you the opportunity to complete capturing and have an accurate data set, which is vital for data analysis.
Here is how to use
o highlight blank cells in a worksheet.
- Highlight the data range you want to check
- Click on the Home Tab in the Ribbon
- Select Conditional Formatting
- Select New Rule
- Select Format Only Cells That Contain
- Click on the Down Arrow beside the Cell Value box
- Click on Blanks
- Click on the Format button
- Click on the Fill tab
- Select the color of choice and click OK.
- Click OK to complete the process
Note that all the blank cells are now highlighted in blue. Thus, the missing cells can quickly be filled in with information and the data integrity of the worksheet maintained.