ALENTADO TRAINING CONSULTANTS PRESENTS
Officer Survival & Communication Spanish Level I
Hosted by LETAC MTU 10 Springfield, IL
This course is designed to benefit law enforcement officers, regardless of their knowledge of the Spanish Language. It is intended to provide the students with the skills to:
- Make arrests and control their surroundings to enhance officer safety
- Navigate legal and cultural Issues pertaining to the language
- Effectively gather accurate biographical information
- Understand the construction of Latino names
- Use interview control to effectively interact with Spanish speakers
- Be familiar with street slang, gang slang, drug and weapons terms for threat recognition
- Hands-on practical exercises
This is accomplished through lecture, intensive and repetitive drills, utilization of contextual vocabulary, real world examples and case studies. These classes are highly interactive, to increase retention.
The students will be introduced to court cases resulting from language issues, subtle differences in word definitions that could negatively impact their arrests and interviews, and simple, yet powerful ways to control conversations.
Students will also be taught key phrases and interview-control methods to adapt to almost any situation, obtaining valuable information from Spanish speakers, over and above the limitations of their Spanish vocabularies.
All of our Instructors are current or past law enforcement officers to lend credibility to the
program and audience. All Students will receive a law enforcement specific book, and access to 3rd party apps for audio and visual practice! Space is limited!
For additional information contact Andrea@AlentadoTC.com