The Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence administers grants for Oklahoma fifth- and eighth-grade teachers to attend the Colonial Williamsburg Teacher Institute each summer in the restored capital city of 18th-century Virginia.
Program participants have the opportunity to:
- Explore Colonial Williamsburg – the world’s largest living history museum – and nearby Jamestown and Yorktown
- Meet character interpreters of 18th-century people
- Immerse themselves in history through hands-on activities and reenactments of historic events
- Learn primary source-centered, standards-based historical content
- Collaborate daily with a Master Teacher and fellow educators to discuss interactive teaching techniques
Help us spread the word to fifth- and eighth-grade teachers in your district!