The third week of the Old Woodward Reconstruction Project is underway. Some of the anticipated work highlights for this week include:
· Construction of a sewer on Old Woodward from Brown to the north has started.
· The westbound Maple Road detour that circles to the north of the construction zone is now in effect. The detour will be in place the majority of the project. Eastbound traffic on Maple continues to flow through downtown. Please see the map below.
· Starting today (April 9), westbound Brown at the Old Woodward intersection is closed to through traffic as contractors prepare for necessary pavement and other work. Eastbound Brown remains open to through traffic. A detour is in place using Woodward, Lincoln and Pierce.
· Work on the north side of Maple has started with the milling/removal of asphalt to be followed by the removal of concrete. This work is anticipated to last a few days.
· Fiber optic installation is anticipated to start on Tuesday (4-10-18) along Old Woodward.
· Installation of a gas main north of Maple continues, with connections anticipated to be made to nearby buildings. It is expected this work is likely to be done by the end of the week.
· The BSD will conduct a Merchant Meeting on Wednesday (4-11-18) at 8:30 a.m. at Vinotecca Wine Bar and Restaurant. An Old Woodward construction project update will be included in the program.
Saturday, April 14 and Sunday, April 15, the intersection of Maple at Old Woodward will be closed in order to allow for underground utility work to be done.