All residence hall students are required to move out at the end of the semester. The halls officially close at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 15.
If you are participating in commencement activities this semester, please contact your assistant/community coordinator for specific instructions.
To prepare to move out, Housing and Dining Services recommends the following:
- Gather packing materials such as boxes, bins, totes, wrapping paper, etc.
- Take home any larger or un-used items (futons, fridges, storage containers, etc.) before finals week.
- Identify your finals schedule. Residents should plan to depart no later than 24 hours after their last final.
- Make plans with family or friends if you need assistance checking out of your room. HDS will allow family or friends to assist residents with the check-out process. All guests must follow the current COVID-19 protocols, including wearing a mask.
- Have all of your room keys. If you do not have your room key, please stop by the front desk so staff can issue a lock change.
- Attend your community meeting with building staff.
All students will be required to sign up and complete a check-out appointment. At the time of appointment, all of the following must be completed:
- All furniture and furniture parts must be accounted for in the room. If the beds are lofted, push the desk and dresser underneath.
- Take all trash and recycling to the outside dumpsters.
- Completely clean the room including vacuuming, sweeping and wiping all hard surfaces such as drawers, cabinets, dressers and desks.
- Close all windows.
- Set the thermostat to “auto.”
- All personal belongings must be out of the room at time of inspection.
Students will go to the front desk at the appointment time to begin the check-out process.