Last month Travel South USA released a video message to global trade and media partners titled
One Day Closer
to spark collaboration – the key to both TSUSA and our partners’ success. Travel South will move through three phases on the path to recovery –
Now, Next and After That
. Maintaining, strengthening, and creating partnerships will be at the core of each of these three phases
Phase one (
is planned for
through the end of 2020, including:
- Destination Inspiration
- The Open Road with Travel South USA - bi-weekly story ideas from our 12 states serve as a resource for journalists.
- Strategic Planning
- Corraggio Group Planning Project – Thank you to the 250+ partners who participated in our survey, interviews, and task force for this 3-year planning project. We expect outcomes to be released later this year.
- TSUSA Board of Directors Meeting – August 2020 in West Virginia
- New quarterly Tourism Economics Forecast and Trends webinar scheduled for late August
- Developing Canadian Profile & Behavior Study (Coming Soon)
starting in early 2021, TSUSA will move into recovery efforts, Global Partner Program, Sales Missions, and opening registration for a new – Global Marketing Summit.
phase, we will be full steam ahead, resuming all global marketing activities, laying the groundwork for Travel South International Showcase & Super FAMs in December 2021 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
With the hard work, passion, and dedication from our travel industry partners, the Authentic American South welcomed over 7.2 million international visitors in 2019 and spent over $10.3 billion in our destinations. We look forward to the day where we can again welcome guests from the U.S.A., Canada, and overseas markets to take a road trip through the South—experiencing authentic food, music, culture, and outdoors –
Every Day, We Are One Day Closer.