Spring is in the air and we are all ready to get out and enjoy some sunshine! Looking for something fun to do with you and your pup? Join us at
Hair of the Dog
- a dog friendly beer, wine and cider tasting - on Wednesday,
27th from 5:30 - 8pm! On the Move hosts this fun, unique event each year and we love seeing some familiar furry faces!
Use the code HOTDOTM at ticket checkout for $5 OFF your pre-sale ticket price!
Already have some summer fun on the books? If you have upcoming travel plans, contact us today to reserve in-home pet sitting for your pets! We are happy to keep them safe, fed, loved and active while you enjoy some much deserved rest and relaxation.
New & Noteworthy
Wedding season is approaching and we have the perfect gift for all you love birds!
Consider a gift certificate for one of our Wedding Concierge Services or In-Home Pet Sitting Services to alleviate the stress of incorporating Fido into the fun or finding someone to provide care while the happy couple is enjoying the big day!
Contact us to learn more!
Dottie, a long-time Rochester-area resident, is a retired teacher from the Rush Henrietta and Scotia-Glenville school districts. She is the mother of four and grandmother of eleven: 2 humans, 3 cats, 5 dogs, and 1 turtle. A fan of theatre and jazz, Dottie spends her free time hiking, kayaking, traveling, and doting on her many grand "children." A champion of healthy living, Dottie makes it a point to walk 5 miles a day, and would love to bring your pups (and pups-at-heart) along.
Hillary is a Rochester native and is crazy about dogs and exercise! She has had dogs in her family for her whole life! Being an introvert she connects better with animals than humans but that won't stop her from updating you on your furry loved ones! When she is not out walking dogs you can find her making art, listening to music, reading books, or going on hikes!
We Appreciate Your Referrals!
As new and continued clients of On the Move Pet Care, we want to extend a big "Thank You" for choosing us to care for your pets when you can't be there.
We recognize that our growth is due in large part to your willingness to refer our services to others.
We are offering a special Referral Incentive of $10 OFF your next invoice if you choose to write a
Review for On the Move. In addition, whenever you refer new clients to OTM and they mention your name, you will receive a 10% discount off your next monthly invoice once the new client purchases services.
There is no greater testimonial than sharing your kind words with others, so thank you once again for choosing On the Move and continuing to spread the word!
Did you know...
As a working
owner, the struggle of leaving your
home alone for lengthy stretches can be trying on both you and your canine. Regardless of the reason, it's not easy to meet all of your pet's needs without some type of assistance...
Thankfully, when it comes to providing care, there are a variety of options to consider. By having professionals to turn to, owners can breathe a sigh of relief and alleviate some of the guilt felt when leaving thei
- Personalized and customized to the needs of the dog - does your pup need a walk or just a bit of playtime?
- Daily exercise, which is important for both mental and physical stimulation.
- A good option for dogs that exhibit aggression or fear issues and are overwhelmed in a larger setting.
- Guaranteed one-on-one attention.
- Avoid the stress of a new environment.
- A daily walk can be less expensive than a full day at day care.
- Less risk of being exposed to illnesses and parasites that may be present at a day care.
- Consistency with behavioral training; dog walkers can adhere to your rules and help reinforce training.
- Convenient for an owner who has transportation issues.
- Young or high-energy dogs often need more exercise than they'll get during a limited visit with a walker.
- Your canine partner is still home alone for the better part of a day.
- Owners must ensure their walkers are trustworthy. They have a key to your home and they're responsible for your dog's well-being while he's in their care.
- Lack of socialization with other dogs.
Doggy Day Care
- A chance to meet and play with other dogs - a good option for those that do well in an active playgroup.
- Provides the mental stimulation and physical activity dogs need for hours on end.
- Establishes a routine and relieves separation anxiety and boredom.
- Great exercise - a tired out pup will be relaxed and exhausted by the time he comes home.
- Lots of TLC.
- Strangers will not be in your home.
- Potential for bad behavior - if you're in the midst of training, the freedom given at day care might derail your work and/or create new issues.
- Though most day care facilities require all shots be up-to-date, there is still a chance of exposure to different illnesses.
- Possibility of under-qualified staff - while we hope the people taking care of our dogs are trained, we never truly know how someone will act in an emergency.
- Transportation - the lack of flexibility in an owner's schedule can make it difficult to comply with specific drop-off and pick-up times
Sniff us out Online!
Follow us on
(@OTMPetCare) to see how our furry friends are doing
(your pet may even be chosen for our weekly Featured Fido & Felines!)
On the Move Pet Care, LLC offers a suite of professional Dog Walking and Pet Sitting services in select areas of Greater Rochester. We pride ourselves on offering the most convenient, reliable services you desire with the personalized care that you and your pets deserve.
With OTM, we offer discounted daily walks, vacation pet sitting, overnight services, puppy play dates and even pet taxi services - contact us today to take advantage of all that OTM offers!