At Panache World, we like to bring you exclusive and interesting travel experiences.
Recently, we were in West Bengal. That state and its people have moved us in more ways than one. Immensely absorbing cultural stories wait to be discovered in its small towns, villages and forests.
We are busy putting together many interesting programs that will showcase that part of our country for our clients. However, the universe has colluded with us and one such amazing program has fallen in place! And we are super excited to bring you a chance to travel to the SUNDARBANS WITH US!!!!!
Here is your invitation to come with us on a once in a lifetime experience!
WHAT IS THE TOUR ABOUT?
It is a 4 day trip to the world’s largest mangrove eco-system in the world – the Sunderbans, in the comfort of a small luxury river cruise ship.
It is a limited edition trip, will carry only 44 passengers and there is only one sailing announced.
WHEN IS IT?
The last weekend of February – 26th Feb to 1st March (3 nights/ 4 days)
WHERE DOES IT START & END?
The Ship will sail from Kolkata on the 26th Feb 2021
And return to Kolkata on the 1st of March 2021
WHY SHOULD I GO TO THE SUNDARBANS?
- Sundarbans is one of the most fascinating places on the earth formed at the delta of the mighty Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna rivers falling into the Bay of Bengal
- There are mysterious open & closed mangrove forests, mud-flats, inhabited and un-inhabited islands, and a labyrinth of tidal streams and rivers going through them
- The Sundarbans National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site that is home to a number of endangered animals is part of the Sundarbans
The area is known for the very elusive Royal Bengal Tiger, as well as numerous fauna including species of (migratory & resident) birds, spotted deer, crocodiles and snakes
- The entire eco-system which acts as a transition from marine to terrestrial systems makes it very unique in the flora and fauna it supports
- It is the best place to see for yourself the stark changes that are happening to the planet due to climate change. (water turning brackish, receding landlines, cyclones, tsunamis)
- The lives of the locals here is difficult and arduous. Various NGOs and well-meaning citizens are working to uplift their lot. They need more mindful & respectful tourists who understand the importance of responsible travel.
- The area needs the attention of people who understand conservation and the importance of safeguarding of natural resources.
Sundarbans needs you to visit, and then, to tell its story to others.
WHY SHOULD I SIGN UP FOR THIS PARTICULAR TRIP?
- Sundarbans is normally difficult to get to. The only way to go so far has been by road from Kolkata and then hiring country boats to go through the forests. This is a rare time that there is a scheduled sailing that will take you to the heart of the mangroves
- The Ganges Voyager II is a beautiful ship with a wide open deck, polished wooden floors, generous cabins with full French windows and great food. So you are always comfortable in your surroundings.
- There will be experts on board who will introduce you to the birds and the animals of the area. Naturalists who know the area very well will guide you on the wonderful flora and fauna
- There will be great conversations about conservation and sustainability and what we can all do to contribute to this area.
- This trip will ensure that you come away with a deeper connection to the people of the area – their culture, their faith, their difficulties and their joys
- Part of what you spend on this trip will be channelled back into the projects that help better the environment and the lives of the people.
- You will meet like-minded people and enjoy not only hearty meals & entertainment with new found friends, but also partake of meaningful discussions around topics that should concern all of us as mindful travellers
- You will learn about River Cruising – it is a fascinating subject and especially in this area where the river is constantly moving and tides are turning!
- THERE IS NO OTHER SUCH CRUISE /TRIP AVAILABLE ON ANY OTHER DATE!
This trip is limited edition. It is exclusive. It is mindful. It is immersive. It is now or never!
IS IT SAFE?
- You will travel in a small ship with very few people. Almost all of the common areas are open and airy.
- The Antara Cruise has enhanced protocols for safety in place with trained staff and extra stringent hygiene standards
- You and your co-passengers will be boarding after a negative Covid Test so there is an extra layer of assurance
This trip is safe, not only for you and your co-passengers but also for the local communities that you will visit
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- It depends on the type of cabin you choose.
- The starting price is Rs 99,000 per person – for the entire cruise, food, excursions, experiences et
- The maximum number of Cabins fall in the price bracket of Rs 1,15,000 per person and there are some that are larger suites which will cost more.
- You have to factor in travel to and fro Kolkata.
- Alcoholic beverages if consumed on board are payable extra.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
I WANT EVEN MORE INFORMATION
Sign up for our information webinar and talk to us : Next session on Sunday, 31st Jan at 5 PM
We look forward to having you with us!