1. This video is about the benefits of adding a walking/jogging track to the outside of your playground.
2. One of the least expensive ways of encouraging physical activity in schools is to add a walking and jogging track. You can do this with a little paint and a few stencils representing one of the least expensive physical activity interventions.
3. Peaceful Playgrounds has a walking and jogging track that's easy to install and a permanent solution to encouraging physical activity at your school.
4. A bonus to painting a walking jogging track on the outside perimeter of the playground is it serves as a visual reminder of a physical activity choice that's easy to participate in. When I added a jogging track to my school site, classroom teachers began to bring their students out when they got restless and would have them run a lap around the track.
5. It is also a great activity when the grass is wet from over watering or a rainy day.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article131811014.html#storylink=cpy
Peaceful Playground's new Walking and Jogging Track is great for getting kids moving and perfect for those days when it is too wet to run out on the field. The track was designed for elementary schools who rarely have the benefit of a designated running space. Some schools have put the track on the perimeter of the blacktop playground and others have added it in a large square on one portion of the playground. The set comes with letters, numbers, feet and shapes which can be added to the walking and jogging track. Contents included:
1. 40 plastic reusable stencils
2. Online Support and Layout Suggestions.
3. Site License
4. Paint and Paint Machine
U.S. Playground Map Stencil Winners for April 2017
Dayna Wells - Principal
Point Fermin Marine Science Magnet
San Pedro, CA 90731
Rebecca Lewis - PE -
Broken Arrow, OK 74014
Please call the office 951-245-6970 to claim your U.S. Playground Map Stencil.