300 acres of the Yellowwood Backcountry Area could be -- within days -- irreparably harmed. These forest tracts have largely been untouched since 1981, when they were designated as "Backcountry Areas" by then-Governor Bob Orr, a Republican.
On November 9th, our state government could press ahead with a timber sale of these 300 acres. The only person who can halt this sale is Governor Eric Holcomb.
Here's What You Can Do:
- Encourage your network to contact Gov. Holcomb at 317-232-4567 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer to canvass in Brown County and Indianapolis to inform fellow Hoosiers about the situation and to urge them to contact the Governor.
- "Like" Save Yellowwood to follow daily developments.
- Tweet and Instagram using hashtag #SaveYellowwood.
- Get More Background. Read more at our dedicated webpage.
There's so little time left. Please act today!