Hello to the folks who have signed up for the Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown. The first event is this weekend's Virtual TMC Meet Me Downtown 5k and One Mile, normally Tucson's biggest running party.
While we wish we could meet in person, we're excited about doing the Virtual run this weekend. In case you have not seen it yet, below is yet another description of all the race details you need for this weekend (
the original FAQ).
ABOUT YOUR GOODIES
Each of you receives the blue "GabeZ" shirt, while you also get this year's TMC Meet Me Downtown medal, race number, and black technical shirt. We've packed up all the shirts, medals, and race numbers in individualized plastic bags. Below is the schedule for when you can pick up your individual bag.
WHEN & WHERE DO I GO TO GET MY GOODIES?
We have two in-person locations. We're providing an in-person goodie pickup following safe public health guidelines. You can grab your goodie bag and go!
Please keep your distance, please wear a mask, and please note that there is no t-shirt size exchange, no in-person registration, and no hanging out and shooting the breeze.
Packet Pick-Up: Friday, June 5 at The Running Shop
- We will have a tent in front of The Running Shop, 3055 N. Campbell Ave. The Running Shop will be open for business, following safe-shopping guidelines.
- 10:00-5:00 PM
- Walk-up and curbside pick-up options. We will follow safe social distance guidelines. If a line is forming, please stay apart from one another at six-feet increments.
- If you want curbside pick-up, text 520-891-4369 with your first and last name + event, before you arrive.
- All race shirts, bibs, and medals are pre-packed for you. We will not exchange t-shirt sizes at this time.
- If you already received your shirt(s) in the mail, you can pick-up your souvenir race bib and medal at this time.
- If you are out of town this weekend, you can visit The Running Shop when you return and pick-up your virtual race swag. If you registered for the "Out of Town Crown," we will mail your swag.
Packet Pick-Up: Saturday, June 6 in front of Hotel Congress and Maynard's Market
- We will have a tent on the south side of Hotel Congress, in front of Maynard's Market, 400 N. Toole Ave.
- 5:00-7:00 PM
- Walk-up and curbside pick-up options. If a line is forming, please stay apart from one another at six-feet increments.
- As part of our event, our friends at Hotel Congress are offering two sets of specials for you:
- Maynard's Market is offering $4 Ice Cold Draft Beer & $13 Hand Tossed Pizzas.
- Hotel Congress is offering $4 Ice Cold Draft Beer & $10 Plate o Tacos (Mission, Drunken Fish, and Papa Y Chile as choices).
WHEN AND WHERE DO I RUN and WHAT DO I DO AFTER I RUN?
1) Run or walk whenever and wherever you want between Friday, June 5th and Sunday, June 6th. Please be safe, follow all traffic laws, and follow social-distancing guidelines, but, again, you can run or walk wherever and whenever you want this weekend.
2) After you do your distance, go to
to post to a google
the results of your run (or walk!) -- tell us how far you went and where you went.
3) All those who post will be eligible for a gift card -- we have over 25 gift cards of various denominations:
- 10 gift card to The Running Shop
- 4 gift cards to Hotel Congress
- 2 gift cards to Sushi Gardens
- 2 gift cards to Serial Grillers
- 2 gift cards to Parish
- 2 gift cards to Parish
- 4 gift cards to Union
NOTE: Special thanks to
for donating $500 in gift cards, helping keep our community healthy as they support Downtown and our partner restaurants.
RESULTS WILL BE POSTED ON MONDAY, JUNE 8th
- Virtual race results will be posted on the SAR website.
- Results will also be posted on the Run Tucson website.
FINAL RAFFLE AND GIVEAWAY WILL BE TUESDAY, JUNE 9th
- Tuesday morning at 9:45 AM (Facebook live from The Running Shop).
- View from the "Countdown to Meet Me Downtown" event page.
- Raffle winners will be emailed in case you can't tune in on Facebook.
WHAT IF WANT TO SIGN UP FOR THE GABEZ TRIPLE CROWN?
For those who now want to sign up for the Triple Crown, we'll send out a coupon code after this weekend.
OK -- thank you again for being part of running in Tucson. We'll be hanging out in a tent in front of The Running Shop all day Friday, but if you have any questions, please feel free to write back and we'll try to get you squared away.
Randy and Tia Accetta