URGENT SUPPORT NEEDED – SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM AT RISK OF BEING CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF RELEASED FUND
We need your help today!
Please take a moment and contact our elected officials today and have them inquire with the NYS Dept. of Budget where is the $44 million in federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families set aside funding to create summer jobs for nearly 19,000 low income young adults, at a time of record unemployment?
The North Country is ready to engage young adults in real work experience, right now! This program has operated for decades, and if it doesn't run this summer New York is making the choice to leave young adults behind as part of the recovery.
We have drafted a letter and call-in template for you to use.
If sending a letter:
- Feel free to personalize the text, especially if you have had the opportunity to participate in the program;
- Include your personal information – your name, business, etc. – in the areas highlighted in the text;
- Insert the elected official’s address in the letters;
- Print the letter on your letterhead, sign it and e-mail it to our state elected officials (their contact information is below);
- On behalf of our youth adults: THANK YOU!
If calling our elected officials:
- Insert your name, business, etc. in the template so your information is readily available when leaving a message on the voicemail.
Contacts for our elected officials – cut and insert it in your letters:
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
New York State Capital Building
Albany, NY 12224
Telephone: (518) 474-8390
NYS Senator Elizabeth O’C Little
Legislative Offices Building, Room 310
Albany, NY 12247
Contact: Mary Pat McDonald
Telephone: (518) 455-2811
NYS Assemblyman D. Billy Jones
534 Legislative Office Building
Albany, NY 12248
Contact: Molly Ryan
Plattsburgh Office: 518-562-1986
NYS Assemblyman Dan Stec
439 Legislative Office Building
Albany, NY 12248
Telephone: (518) 455-5565
Please find, below, a template for a letter and/or call that we drafted for your convenience.