Each day is bringing new realities and situations that most of us have never experienced before. We pray that all of our school community is safe, well and staying to close our Lord in these challenging times.
Thank you for your emails, phone calls, text messages and prayers. Your comments, questions and suggestions have been very helpful in our decision making for our school community.
The following is what we know so far from Alberta Education:
- Student attendance at Kindergarten to Grade 12 schools is prohibited and all classes are cancelled effective as of Monday, March 16, 2020.
- All licensed child care facilities, out-of-school care programs and preschool programs (our Junior Kindergarten program) are closed indefinitely.
- Every Kindergarten to Grade 12 student will receive a final mark and students will progress to their next grade level next year. Provincial assessments, such as provincial achievement tests, will be cancelled. At this time, diploma exams essential for post-secondary acceptance will continue. Every student who is eligible to graduate from Grade 12 this year will graduate.
As we have said so many times before, Clear Water Academy is an Extraordinary Community and today I was reminded how blessed we are to have such an incredible faculty at our school. In a meeting with our faculty today, teachers asked numerous times: “how can we best help our students and families?”.
Our goals are to continue to:
- Provide security, safety and stability for our students, families, and faculty,
- Provide for the ongoing education and formation of our students,
- Keep you well informed.
We will continue to follow our programming for education and formation as per our school calendar. We discussed in detail the possibility of moving our Easter break to an earlier date, and decided against it. It is best for our students that we build on the current momentum by moving forward with their learning. We believe that it is important for our school to provide the needed structure and learning that will give our students and families stability and purpose in these uncertain times.
Our “CWA Interim Home Learning” Program is being put in place and learning for all students will resume on Wednesday of this week. Please review the attached communications from Lori Blais (Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6) and Darren Forrester (Grades 7 to 12). We know that some of our families may not have enough computers/laptops/Chromebooks at home. We are working with our IT consultant to develop a program to lend our school Chromebooks to our larger school families.
As per our school calendar, Friday, March 20, 2020 is a holiday. There will be no “CWA Interim Home Learning” on Friday. This will provide needed time for our teaching faculty to review how the first few days of the “CWA Interim Home Learning” is going and to make any changes or improvements for next week.
Please note that you can find all the recent important COVID-19 communications on the homepage of our school website for your reference.
Please continue to pray for all those who have and will be impacted by the Virus and to pray for wisdom, prudence and charity in the decisions that world leaders, health officials and each one of us are making.