February is truly the longest month for those of us who love sunlight and warmth! So, how about some suggested reading to get you through to spring? Here are a few for your consideration.
Chord of Evil by Sarah Rayne -A suspense novel about a missing cousin, a castle, a lost piece of music and WWII wartime secrets with repercussions to the present day.
Fire on All Sides by James Rhodes - Written by a classical concert pianist and describing a journey through the everyday challenges of life as seen through the eyes of the chronically depressed. No guesses here. The answer is music. Well written and more humorous then we thought. 4 stars.
Long Way Gone by Charles Martin - A young country musician leaves his Colorado home to make his fame and fortune in Nashville. But, life happens and he returns home. A modern-day prodigal son story.
Evening in the Palace of Reason
by James R. Gaines
- Johann Sebastian Bach's son was a musician in the court of Frederick the Great. A chance encounter between the elder Bach and Frederick in 1747 is the tale of two extraordinary men which captures the tumult of the 18th century, the legacy of the Reformation, and the birth of the Enlightenment. If you love history and music you will love this book. 5 stars.
One Fun Thing - A Love Song Quiz for Valentine's Day
- 'Till There Was You'
- 'If I Should Fall Behind'
- 'In the Shape of a Heart'
- 'The Heart of the Matter'
- 'I Can't Tell You Why'
- 'I've Got You Under My Skin'
- 'Mary Hynes'
- 'She Walks in Beauty'
- Bonus: Which of these songs did Frank Sinatra say was "the greatest love song of the past 50 years"