Dear Catechetical Leaders and Youth Ministers,
Thank you all for your patience as we are all forced to adapt to this rapidly evolving situation thanks to COVID-19. But in all this, let us remember that the Lord is with us and has not left us orphans.
As we get additional information we will continue to get it out to you as soon as we are able. As of today this is the latest:
• Starting on Wednesday March 18th (per Governor Evers’ order) all Religious Education classes, all Confirmation classes, all Confirmation retreats and all youth ministry events will be cancelled at least through Monday April 6th, 2020.
• Parents should be encouraged to come by the parish to pick up RE books and packets as needed (for online resources see below).
• If your students are not scheduled to take the ACRE assessment before Wednesday March 18th,2020 they will not be required to take it or to make it up this year.
• It has been asked, if smaller RE classes can continue to meet during this time. Unfortunately the answer is no. All religion classes, regardless of the size, are to be cancelled during the time frame mentioned above.
• All immediate preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is postponed beginning on Wednesday March 18th through at least Monday April 6th and likely beyond that date.
• All First Reconciliation and First Communion Sacramental preparation and retreats should be cancelled beginning on Wednesday March 18th at least until Monday April 6th.
• Due to the unprecedented nature of unfolding events, there will be no requirement for students to make up RE classes missed during this time.
As a supplement to what you may already be sending out to your students and their families we have developed an “At- Home Resources page” on which we have included several digital resources for RE and youth ministry that may be helpful at this time: