|RayPecNow media team members attended the Media Now Digital Media Summer Camp for high school journalists at Webster University in St. Louis. These students are preparing to lead the RPHS yearbook, newspaper and digital publications.
Preparing for the 2018-2019 school year
Online registration forms will be available
Check your email for a message from the District about registration for the 2018-2019 school year.
The message provides instructions to complete online registration forms. The email also offers the option to submit proof of residency online.
- Please complete your registration forms online at https://sdm.sisk12.com/RP/Parent before attending the central registration event. If the information is not completed before registration, your registration will take longer as you will need to complete the forms upon your arrival.
- Only the parents or guardians listed as the primary residence family will have access to complete the forms.
- If you don't have a Parent Portal Account, or if you have questions, please call 816-892-1333. If you have forgotten your Parent Portal password, there is a link to request that it be sent to you on the login site.
Help is available to complete online forms
District to open computer labs on July 17 and July 19
If you do not have internet access or if you would like a Ray-Pec staff member available to answer questions when completing the online registration forms, open computer labs will be available at the following schools from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 17, at Ray-Pec High School, 20801 S. School Rd., Peculiar, in room 520
- Thursday, July 19, at Stonegate Elementary, 900 S. Foxridge Dr., Raymore
You can also attend the open lab to complete an affidavit of residence or if you have a significant family change.
Verify residency online to save time
Email utility bill and complete forms online to obtain "Fast Pass"
Parents have the option to submit proof of residency by email. Parents/legal guardians who submit residency proof by email and complete their online registration forms prior to July 22 will receive a FastPass that can be shown at the Central Registration event.
The FastPass will allow you to proceed directly to the room designated for your child's school.
and include the following information in the email message:
- Name(s) of your student(s), grade level(s) and the school(s) they will attend.
- Your address
- A phone number where you can be reached.
Attach a PDF copy of your electric, gas, or water bill (may be scanned) to the email.
- The bill must be in the name of a parent or legal guardian in the resident household for the student.
- The bill must show the service address (not just mailing address).
- The bill must have been issued within the last 30 days.
- A final notice or disconnect notice is not an acceptable proof of residency.
For more information about residency verification, contact Debbie Johnson at 892-1347 or Rebecca Coster at 892-1341.
Centralized Registration is July 25 and July 31
All-District event to take place at Ray-Pec South Middle School
Registration will be centralized for all PreK-12 students at the Ray-Pec South Middle School building,
20501 S. School Rd., Peculiar.
- July 25: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- July 31: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- If you cannot attend on either date, contact your child's school after Aug. 2.
If you do not submit proof of residency online, please bring one utility bill (water, gas, or electric) when you register your student(s) on July 25 or July 31.
In addition to proving residency (if not done in advance), you may pay fees, pick up student schedules, view spirit wear, and meet with representatives from PTA, Apple Bus Company Staff, and Child Nutrition. The Cass County Health Department will have staff on site to provide required immunizations.
You may pay your student's fees at the school or
On the website
, select your child's school. Begin with "Required School Fees." You may continue shopping to pay for activity fees or to make meal payments.
Important calendar dates
- July 25: Registration for 2018-2019, 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Ray-Pec South Middle School, 20501 S. School Rd.
- July 31: Registration for 2018-2019. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Ray-Pec South Middle School.
- Aug. 6: High school fall sports practices/tryouts begin.
- Aug. 13: Preview Day for 6th and 9th grades.
- Aug. 13: Middle school fall sports practices/tryouts begin.
- Aug. 13: Meet the Teacher Night, 4-7 p.m. at elementary and middle schools.
- Aug. 15: First day of school.