Yay - I think! We are getting closer to the unknown of the new "norm." It's very exciting to be able to open on 6/1, but somewhat nerve racking since we don't know what the future holds, but who does? Our commitment to you, however, is to go above and beyond to make sure you are safe and all of your workout requirements and concerns are met.
The Department of Economic & Community Development has not released the requirements for Phase 2 openings, but, rest assured, they have heard from me that we need this list asap because it will take some work. Our biggest question at this point, is how many at one time will be allowed in our 15k sqft space.
Thank you to all who filled out our survey. Some of our current initiatives came from your responses. Below is a list of what we are working on now:
- Ten, new sanitizing equipment wipes/trash receptacles stands placed around the club/group fitness rooms/lockers room in lieu of all the spray bottles and cloth wipes.
- Removing some equipment from the floor and also spacing out weight area to ensure there is adequate spacing.
- Marissa has been working tirelessly on MindBody scheduling app so your time here is scheduled to comply with occupancy requirements.
- We will be blocking off 2 hour time slots, but of course you don't have to stay that long :)
- We are still measuring the group fitness rooms to see how many will be in each....it will be somewhere between 6-9.
- Les Mills Virtual Group Fitness installed so we can have more classes with fewer participants. Separate email to follow with the fun classes that are being added: BodyFlow, Sh'Bam, BodyPump etc....again, not to take place of live instructors :O)
- All of your activities will have to be scheduled; classes/fitness floor/steam & sauna. The verdict is still out on Steam & Sauna. I'm researching and finding the sauna is safe because of temp. The steam room is still questionable because of the humidity. Let me know if you find information supporting either/both.
- We have had about a 25% cancellation so will need to adjust some expenses that may result in a slight change in our hours for the summer. Haven't made final decision, but we may be closing at 7:00pm weekdays and open from 8-2 on Saturday and Sunday.
- We are in the process of a re-design of our website with a launch date of 5/25. Working to make sure it's easier and more responsive on mobile apps.
Finally, we are having a meeting of the minds as well to implement smooth front desk operations. More to come on those changes.....
Take good care and we can't wait to see you.
In Health -trace