Happy Labor Day weekend! Here’s a brief summary of events from the August 13 Club Meeting:
· The State 900 is coming up the weekends of September 7-8 and 14-15; pre-registration is required.
ORANCO SUMMER LEAGUE
· Summer League concluded on August 28 with a BBQ and awards. Thanks for making this first league event a success.
BEGINNERS ARCHERY CLASS:
· One hour class usually held on Saturday mornings. Please contact our JOAD Coordinator Vernie Urbano at email@example.com or 714-928-4100 for more information and to RSVP.
JUNIOR FIELD ARCHERS:
· Next JFA is on October 6 at 9am. No pre-registration required. Participation is free for members and children under 11. Guests are $14. Please contact David Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-217-4441 for more information.
RANGE MAINTENANCE AND WORK PARTIES:
· Joe is managing several projects around the range. Please reach out if you need work party credits and have a few hours to help. Note: Joe has not been receiving emails since 6/19; please call him if you are trying to get in touch.
· Next tournament work parties are October 12 and December 7.
· On September 3, Oranco Flint Captain Jason Duysings resigned his position on the Board after 5+ years of volunteer service. Jason would like to thank all of our members and guest that helped make the Scalps and Skins a success year over year. If you see Jason around the range, please thank him for all he’s done around the range, from including some great “hunting shots” in our tournaments and our beautiful cook shacks in Bear Valley and Sniper Hill.
· Hunting season is here. Bill reminds everyone to tag your animal before you begin to dress it. Meat will spoil quickly in the heat so you want to open the animal up and cool it down as quickly as possible. You can also use black pepper and vinegar to keep the flies away.
· Current membership count: 381; Prospective members: 48 and counting
· Check out our website for proposed amendments to the By-laws (located under About OB > By Laws > Proposed Changes to the By-Laws – 4/17/19). We will likely vote on adopting these measures at the next meeting. Changes include: 1) Capital Project Implementation Process; 2) New preface language regarding fiduciary responsibly of the Board of Directors; 3) New language clarifying that prospective or past members wishing to join/rejoin Oranco Bowmen must complete the new member requirements (i.e., attend 2 club meeting and participate in 2 work parties).
Want to be informed or get involved? Our next club meeting is Tuesday, September 10th at 7pm in the club house. As a reminder, all prospective members need to attend 2 Club Meetings and participate in 2 work parties to become an Oranco member.
Club Meeting Minutes are available in a binder at the Club office or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for a copy. The Summary of Board/Member Actions from the last meeting are included below.