Hope you all have a great Labor Day Weekend! Stay cool and stay hydrated.
● Check out the CBH Event Calendar for additional tournament dates and updates on cancellations throughout California. Riverside Archers is open and has hosted a couple tournaments in the last few months. El Dorado and Mile Square Park are also open to archery.
● Ladies – If you would like to learn how to shoot tournaments/league or just want to shoot archery with other women, we’re going to put together informal lady’s group once the COVID-19 crisis is over. Please contact Amanda Duchardt at email@example.com if you are interested.
ORANCO WINTER LEAGUE
● Oranco’s Winter League final shoot was held on 8/29.
BEGINNERS ARCHERY CLASS
● Classes will resume when Oranco reopens to the public. FREE one-hour class usually held on Saturday mornings; RSVP required. Please check out our website or contact Vernie Urbano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-928-4100 for more information and to RSVP.
JUNIOR FIELD ARCHERS
● JFA will resume when Oranco reopens to the public. Check out the website for more information as available. Participation is free for members and children under 11. Guests are $14. No pre-registration required. Please contact David Bacon at email@example.com or 909-217-4441 for more information.
RANGE MAINTENANCE AND WORK PARTIES
● Joe is managing several projects around the range. Please reach out to Joe at 951-897-5685 if you need work party credits and have a few hours to help.
● Stay tuned for additional Saturday/Sunday work party notices via email.
● When we reopen to the public, most Board members will need assistants to help with duties and opening the range on Sunday. Work party credits available. Check out the Contact page on the Oranco website and reach out if you are interested in helping.
● Hunting Season is upon us! Hunt awards for 2020 are up for grabs including the Big Buck Award, Oranco Bowhunter of the Year, and Species Awards. Ask Jose Lara or check out the Oranco By-Laws on the website for additional information and rules. Best of luck and turn in those game cards!
● The range is closed to the public until further notice. Members are allowed one guest at a time. Your guest can visit the range twice per normal Club rules and then must apply for Membership for continued access.
● STOP breaking club rules and posting the evidence to FaceBook! Club rules are available on the website under Rules/Safety. You are responsible for knowing and following the rules. You are responsible for your guests knowing and following the rules.
● Oranco Board plans to convene a Rules Committee to review club rules in October.
● Several new bridges are under construction between the Club House and the Tree Stand. Please do not use these bridges until the handrails are complete. Orange cones/flagging indicate that ridges are closed.
Want to be informed or get involved? Our next club meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 8, at 7pm. Due to COVID restrictions, meetings are open to Board Members only and 2 Prospective Members (by invitation). However, you can all or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for options to review the meeting minutes via conference call/web the following weekend. As a reminder, all prospective members need to attend 2 Club Meetings and participate in 2 work parties to become an Oranco member.
Club Meeting Minutes are available in a binder at the Club office or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for a copy. The Summary of Board/Member Actions from the last meetings are included below.