Happy Holidays! Time is flying and 2019 will be here before we can blink…
The November and December meetings were packed with updates and new opportunities to participate in club activities but I’ll try to keep it short. Here are the goings-on highlights:
* The annual Oranco Charity 3D shoot was Sunday December 9 and was a great success. Thanks to our members Joey, Gerri and Davida, that stepped up to run the cook shacks, you did GREAT! About half of the toys will be donated to families in need though a local church and the remainder plus a $1000 cash donation will be donated to Chino Neighborhood House. Chino Neighborhood House
* Nomination period for the 2019 Oranco Board of Directors is open. Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering or would like to nominate someone to a position. Elections will be held in February but the nomination period closes January 8 with new terms beginning in March.
* There are several petitions pending a vote at the CBH annual meeting in January. The Orange Belt Field Archers, which includes Oranco has 3 votes. Please come to the next meeting and let us know how you want those votes directed. The petitions are on the CBH website (here) and include a State 3D Marked Championship Tournament, Revisions to the State Broadhead Championship, and a State Traditional Championship. Exciting stuff!!!
* The first Oranco Junior Field Archers (JFA) event was held on November 4. We look forward to additional events and growing this new program.
* Vernie and David proposed an Oranco JOAD Group and Travel Team, which the Board approved in concept. We look forward to hearing more details. Congratulations to Vernie who was appointed JFA/JOAD Coordinator under Tournament Chair!
* There were 112 shooters competing in the NAFAC - North American Field Archery Championship at Oranco the weekend of November 10-11. This was a really neat group of shooters from all over. Two or three new records were set. A female youth from Mexico shot ~57 spots demonstrating an impressive mature shooter. One family took first in each of their categories!
* REMINDER: Starting in January the new by-laws regarding membership requirements and the new membership fee schedule take effect. Because the new safety orientation video is not ready, the Board is considering delaying implementation until renewal season in June.
* Oranco started remodeling the main cook shack. Work will progress in stages and the remodel will meet food establishment standards when complete.
* We need a volunteer to assist Tony with organizing the cook shack volunteers as he continues to recover from his surgery. See Joe if you are interested.
* Oranco was broken into last month. Under $1000 of equipment stolen from the Conex including welder, skill saw, and drill driver. Vehicle description is a 1998 Silver/Grey Dodge pickup with loud exhaust. The Board is looking into new locks and security cameras have been installed. Cameras include infrared and are good enough to read license plates. Thieves BEWARE!
* It’s time to start planning next year’s Oranco Banquet. Come to the next meeting and let us hear your ideas. Joe, Mark Houston and Al Wiscovitch have been appointed to the annual 2019 banquet committee.
* American Resources Insurance Company is dropping insurance to California clubs, including Oranco. Joe and Al are looking into alternatives but cost will likely increase.
Want to be informed or get involved? Our next club meeting is Tuesday, January 8 at 7pm in the club house.
Club Meeting Minutes are available in a binder at the Club office or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for a copy. The Summary of Board/Member Actions from the last meetings are included below.