Greetings Oranco Members and Prospective Members!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.
The Club Meetings are packed and we’ve had to rearrange the Club House to make room. In addition, we are providing FREE snacks and refreshments and instituting a mandatory break at 8:30pm for anyone that needs to leave, bio break, get more snacks, etc. The participation and engagement has been great and we have more exciting news and plans to share…
· The Charity 3D and Toy Donation Tournament on December 15 was a success. Toys and a cash donation of $1,156 were delivered to Chino Neighborhood House. Chino Neighborhood House provides groceries and other items to approximately 1,200 adults, children and senior citizens that live within the Chino Valley Unified School District. Each Christmas, they host dinner events and provide children with a new bicycle. We’re proud to continue to support our local community.
· The Board finalized the 2020 Tournament schedule: Rendezvous 3D February 9; Big Game 3D April 5; Firecracker 3D June 28; Tomahawk 3D October 10-11; Charity 3D December 13.
ORANCO WINTER LEAGUE
· Oranco’s Winter League will begin on Saturday, February 22 and run each Saturday at 9am through Saturday, March 21. Leagues are open to members and prospective members in good standing. Cost is $10 per event and will consist of 12 targets, 2 arrows per target, marked and unmarked shots, and a 110 yard bonus shot. Participants must compete in 4 out of the 5 weeks to be eligible for awards. Potluck and awards will be held on Saturday, March 21.
BEGINNERS ARCHERY CLASS
· FREE one hour class usually held on Saturday mornings; RSVP required. Please check out our website or contact Vernie Urbano at email@example.com or 714-928-4100 for more information and to RSVP.
JUNIOR FIELD ARCHERS
· Next JFA is on January 5 at 9am. No pre-registration required. Participation is free for members and children under 11. Guests are $14. Please contact David Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-217-4441 for more information.
RANGE MAINTENANCE AND WORK PARTIES
· Joe is managing several projects around the range. Please reach out to Joe at 951-897-5685 if you need work party credits and have a few hours to help.
· We are also starting to organize Prospective Member ONLY work parties on the second Saturday of each month to help facilitate completion of work party requirements. Please reach out to David Bacon at email@example.com or 909-217-4441 for more information.
· FREE snacks and refreshments will be served at Club Meetings! Please come and enjoy! Also, there will be a scheduled break at 8:30pm to allow folks that can’t stay for the whole meeting to step out as needed. We appreciate your participation but recognize that meetings can run long.
· The Oranco Board is accepting nominations for next year’s Board of Directors. Nominations will be accepted up to the January 2020 Club Meeting; members will vote at the February Club Meeting and new Board Members will assume duties on March 1, 2020. To be nominated for a Board position, you must have 3 consecutive years of membership.
· If you are interested in a Board position but don’t yet meet the requirements for nomination, each Board member is taking on assistants to ensure we have appropriate support, backups, and knowledgeable mentees. Work party credits available! Please reach out to the appropriate Board Member for more information.
· REMINDER: The gate code changes at the end of December. The new code was sent out by mail on December 2. If you did not receive the gate code, contact David Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing the gate code, even with other current or former members is strictly prohibited.
· Blade Betts is raising funds for his Eagle Scout Project at Oranco. Thank you for your donations at the Charity 3D shoot and keep an eye out for additional opportunities to donate during Sunday openings. Blade will be constructing a new informational sign near our front gate and the design looks great. I can’t wait to see the final product.
· Current membership count: 398; Prospective members: 33 and counting.
Want to be informed or get involved? Our next club meeting is Tuesday, January 14 at 7pm in the club house. As a reminder, all prospective members need to attend 2 Club Meetings and participate in 2 work parties to become an Oranco member.
Club Meeting Minutes are available in a binder at the Club office or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for a copy. The Summary of Board/Member Actions from the last meetings are included below