Greetings Oranco Members and Prospective Members!
The January Club Meeting was packed again with current and prospective members. Sounds like a few folks got new bows over the holiday and are excited to get back into archery. The participation and engagement has been great and Oranco feels more like a club and less like a gym every day. I strongly encourage our 412 members to attend a Club meeting and get to know some of our new and prospective members (currently 42). The FREE coffee and snacks are a hit as is the mandatory break at 8:30pm for anyone that needs to leave, bio break, get more snacks, etc. We promise not to keep you all night!
● The Rendezvous 3D will be held on February 9.
● The Oranco Champ Shoot will be held on March 1. The tournament is FREE to members and prospective members in good standing. Guest are $5 and MUST shoot with the member that extended the invitation. FREE food for all. This shoot is patterned after the State Field Shoot and will consist of 14 hunter, 14 field and 14 animal targets. Awards will be given out at the Annual Banquet on March 28.
● The Board voted to host the CBH State Unmarked 3D Tournament piggybacked on the Firecracker shoot. This means that Firecracker will go on as planned but CBH/NFAA members can choose to register and pay an additional fee to be considered for the State Championship Awards also. ● Check out the CBH Event Calendar for additional tournament dates throughout California.
ORANCO WINTER LEAGUE
● Oranco’s Winter League will begin on Saturday, February 22 and run each Saturday at 9am through Saturday, March 21. Leagues are open to members and prospective members in good standing. Cost is $10 per event and will consist of 12 targets, 2 arrows per target, marked and unmarked shots, and a 110 yard bonus shot. Participants must compete in 4 out of the 5 weeks to be eligible for awards. Potluck and awards will be held on Saturday, March 21.
BEGINNERS ARCHERY CLASS
● FREE one hour class usually held on Saturday mornings; RSVP required. Next class is February 15. Please check out our website or contact Vernie Urbano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-928-4100 for more information and to RSVP.
JUNIOR FIELD ARCHERS
● Next JFA is on February 2 at 9am. No pre-registration required. Participation is free for members and children under 11. Guests are $14. Please contact David Bacon at email@example.com or 909-217-4441 for more information.
RANGE MAINTENANCE AND WORK PARTIES
● Rendezvous 3D Work Party will be held on February 8 to set up and February 9 for registration/cook shack/takedown. Please show up by the office/target conex at 8am on February 8. If you want to participate in the February 9 Work Party, please contact Pete Whitworth for registration needs/info; Tony Tobin Sr or Steve Baker for Cook Shack RSVP; and Amanda Duchardt for target take down. Note: Target take down crew will be capped at 10 and we need a volunteer to hitch up their truck to the trailer. Contact info is on the Oranco website.
● Joe is managing several projects around the range. Please reach out to Joe at 951-897-5685 if you need work party credits and have a few hours to help.
● We are also starting to organize Prospective Member ONLY work parties on the second Saturday of each month to help facilitate completion of work party requirements. Please reach out to David Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-217-4441 for more information.
● To stay current on Work Party opportunities, make sure you are subscribed to the Oranco Newsletter/email list and/or check out our Facebook page.
● The Oranco Annual Banquet will be held on March 28. Invitations will be sent out shortly. Please RSVP as tickets will be capped at ~100.
● FREE snacks and refreshments will be served at Club Meetings! Please come and enjoy! Also, there will be a scheduled break at 8:30pm to allow folks that can’t stay for the whole meeting to step out as needed. We appreciate your participation but recognize that meetings can run long.
● The Oranco Board nominations for next year’s Board of Directors are closed. Due to lack of additional nominations, by default, the existing Board will continue in their current roles.
● If you are interested in a Board position but don’t yet meet the requirements for nomination, each Board member is taking on assistants to ensure we have appropriate support, backups, and knowledgeable
mentees. Work party credits available! Please reach out to the appropriate Board Member for more information.
● REMINDER: The gate code changed at the end of December. The new code was sent out by mail on December 2. If you did not receive the gate code, contact David Bacon at email@example.com. Sharing the gate code, even with other current or former members is strictly prohibited.
● Reminder to turn in your hunt cards for the 2019 hunt season to Bill Leal so that we can recognize you at the Banquet. I was lucky enough to harvest a deer on New Years’ Day but will have to wait until the 2021 banquet for my mule deer species award due to the cut off dates.
● Blade Betts is raising funds for his Eagle Scout Project at Oranco. Blade will be constructing a new informational sign near our front gate and the design looks great. Thank you for your donations to date, Blade has raised $744/$2500. Keep an eye out for additional opportunities to donate during Sunday openings and tournaments. I can’t wait to see the final product.
● Current membership count: 412; Prospective members: 42 and counting.
Want to be informed or get involved? Our next club meeting is Tuesday, February 11 at 7pm in the club house. As a reminder, all prospective members need to attend 2 Club Meetings and participate in 2 work parties to become an Oranco member.
Club Meeting Minutes are available in a binder at the Club office or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for a copy. The Summary of Board/Member Actions from the last meetings are included below.