Thanks to all our members and guest that attended the January Club Meeting! Here are the goings-on highlights:
* CBH Legislative Coordinator Robert Moore posted list of legislative actions on CBH website. Take a look!
* New “Style Board” printed for use at tournaments. The approved styles follow NFAA styles including:
Freestyle (FS) – Any sight; Written Notes; Release; Any stabilizer
Freestyle Bowhunter (FSBH) – 5 fixed pins maximum; Release; 12-inch stabilizer
Freestyle Limited (FSL) – Any sight; Written Notes; Fingers only; Any stabilizer
Freestyle Limited Recurve (FSLR) – Any sight, no magnification; Written notes; Fingers only; Any stabilizer
Barebow (BB) – No Sight’ Draw check, string walking OK; Fingers only; Any stabilizer
Recurve (RC) – No sight; Fingers only; 12-inch stabilizer
Longbow (LB) – No sight; off-shelf, No button; Fingers only; No stabilizer
* JFA program continues to go well. An increase in attendance is expected after the holidays and into the summer months.
* Oranco USAA membership completed for JOAD. Materials (books and pins) to run JOAD program are ready to go.
* Deadline to turn in Hunt Cards has been extended to February 15. Please turn in your cards at the office or in the Oranco mailbox near the gate. Winners will be recognized at the Club Annual Banquet.
* The new gate code was mailed at the beginning of December. Some envelopes were returned undelivered. If you changed your address, please contact Membership.
* Oranco will delay implementation of new membership requirements until safety video is completed next month. New membership dues are in effect as of January 1.
* Oranco obtained new insurance policy through Philadelphia. Current insurance expires on 2/1/19. New insurance requires that every member and tournament participant sign a liability waiver.
* Oranco paid tax filing fees.
* Oranco continues to explore options for a California Archery Series Tournament and a Summer League. Stay tuned for more details.
* Club reviewed CBH petitions and voted to instruct CBH representatives to vote as follows:
1. Add an unmarked 3D traditional championship – Not in favor as currently written. Would like to see a revised petition next year.
2. State Broadhead: Add peewees and cubs shooting field points. Male and female classes; no style qualifications – In favor.
3. State Broadhead: Max distance 75 yards and “size appropriate” – In favor.
4. State Broadhead: No limit on number of stabilizers, no single bar over 12 inches. Exception: Quivilizer is a quiver not a stabilizer – In favor
5. State marked 3D championship – In favor
Check out the CBH website for updates on the annual meeting held January 11-13.
Want to be informed or get involved? Our next club meeting is Tuesday, February 12 at 7pm in the club house.
Club Meeting Minutes are available in a binder at the Club office or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for a copy. The Summary of Board/Member Actions from the last meetings are included below.