Hello Oranco Members!
Here is a quick summary of Oranco updates from Club meeting in April:
· May 15 is the Oranco 3D Bowhunter Championship Shoot. Fee is $10 for members and $15 for PMs. Food provided.
· CBH State Broadhead will be held Memorial Day weekend near Castaic. Check out the CBH website for details and registration.
· Check out the CBH Event Calendar for additional tournament dates and updates on cancellations throughout California.
BEGINNERS ARCHERY CLASS
· Please check out our website or contact Vernie Urbano at email@example.com or 714-928-4100 for more information and to RSVP.
JUNIOR FIELD ARCHERS
· Held first Sunday of each month at 9am. Participation is free for members and children under 11. Guests are $20. No pre-registration required. Please contact David Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-217-4441 for more information.
· If you would like to learn how to shoot tournaments/league, bow hunt, or just want to shoot archery with other women there is an informal lady’s group that meets at the range at 2:30pm on Sundays. Please contact Amanda Duchardt at email@example.com if you are interested.
RANGE MAINTENANCE AND WORK PARTIES
· SIGN UP for emails to be notified of work party opportunities.
· Joe is managing several projects around the range. Please reach out to Joe at 951-897-5685 if you need work party credits and have a few hours to help.
· Most Board members will need assistants to help with duties and opening the range on Sunday. Work party credits available. Check out the Contact page on the Oranco website and reach out if you are interested in helping.
· San Bernardino County is hosting an outdoor event on June 19 and is seeking booth volunteers. Please contact Joe to volunteer and receive work party credits.
· Best of luck during spring turkey season!
· Hunter education classes are available online.
· Hunting Licenses are on sale, check out your local retailer/sports store or online to purchase.
· CA Big Game Draw Application deadline is June 2.
· CBH Small Game Club hosted the 25th Annual Tilapia Shoot in Palo Verde, CA on May 1-2, 2021. We had a record 29 shooters and GREAT representation from Oranco members! Thanks for coming out and showing your support. We received a lot of positive feedback. Keep an eye out for upcoming newsletter articles in the CBH newsletter. · CBH Small Game Club is hosting the Annual Carp Shoot at Lake Isabella, CA on June 5-6, 2021. Check out the Small Game Club page on the CBH website for details and registration.
· Negligence in the use of archery equipment, horseplay and dangerous, rude or belligerent behavior of a member, his/her family member or his/her guest are not tolerated and are grounds for suspension or expulsion of the member from the club.
· Shoot only at targets set up by the range master. For target butts set up as part of the field range, shoot only from designated or otherwise safe positions. Ensure that you shoot from positions that provide an unobstructed shot and a safe backstop.
· Never shoot when the safety of the shot is in doubt. Notify the Range Captain or another board member of problem immediately.
Want to be informed or get involved? Our next club meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 11, at 7pm. As a reminder, all prospective members need to attend 2 Club Meetings and participate in 2 work parties to become an Oranco member.
Club Meeting Minutes are available in a binder at the Club office or email Ob.Secretary@outlook.com for a copy. The Summary of Board/Member Actions from the last meetings are included below