Listed below are some of the bills we are tracking with hearings coming up this week. You can review a current report of the
Priority 1 and 2 bills the Coalition is tracking here
May 22nd - Monday
1:00 PM / HR 343: House Committee on Judiciary-
3:00 PM / HR F: House Committee on Education-
- Public hearing and work session on SB 57A (prohibits court from appointing deputy public guardian and conservator as fiduciary and requires court to appoint Oregon Public Guardian and Conservator as fiduciary).
- Public hearing and work session on SB 263A (limits a school district's ability to require students to participate in abbreviated school day program).
3:00 PM / HR E: House Committee on Health Care-
- Work session on SB 275A (requires covered entity to provide copy of health information regarding individual who is appealing denial of Social Security disability benefits for period from date of initial application to date of administrative hearing).
May 23rd - Tuesday
8:00 AM / HR E: House Committee on Human Services and Housing-
- Public hearing and work session on SB 58B (directs Long Term Care Ombudsman to appoint Residential Facilities Ombudsman within office of Long Term Care Ombudsman).
- Work session on SB 101B (authorizes child abuse investigation on school premises if investigation involves interview of suspected victim or witnesses but not person suspected of committing abuse).
- Work session on SB 268A (requires Department of Human Services to make records regarding investigation of report of child abuse occurring at school or in educational setting that involves child with disability available to Disability Rights Oregon).
3:00 PM / HR C: Senate Committee on Education-
- Work session on HB 2311 (makes 40-40-20 higher education goals relate to Oregonians completing education, rather than to all adult Oregonians).
- Public hearing and possible work session on HB 3029A (allows parent or legal guardian of child whose sixth birthday occurred on or before September 1 immediately preceding beginning of current school year to delay enrolling child in public full-time school for one year for purpose of better meeting child's needs for cognitive, social or physical development).
- Work session on HB 3340A (requires Department of Education to develop and provide to public high schools written materials regarding apprenticeship opportunities)
May 24th - Wednesday
1:00 PM / HR D: Senate Committee on Human Services
- Work session on HB 3262A (requires Department of Human Services, in collaboration with other agencies, to adopt rules related to prescription of psychotropic medications to elderly persons and persons with disabilities)
May 25th - Thursday
8:15 AM / HR 343: Senate Committee on Judiciary-
- Work session on HB 2630A (makes changes to Oregon guardianship laws to ensure adequate safeguards for respondents and protected persons).
1:00 PM / HR B: Senate Committee on Health Care-
- Work session on HB 2398A (prohibits health care provider from billing medical assistance applicant or recipient except as provided by Oregon Health Authority by rule).
- Work session on HB 2839A (prohibits discrimination in organ transplantation).
Interested in tracking bills and hearings?
Use the Oregon Legislature's
service to receive bill alerts for individual bills as they move through the legislative process, receive committee agendas, news from members of the legislative body and more.