How will the process work?
Every voter will receive a ballot at the address that is on their current voter registration. To check what current address is on file, visit vote.utah.gov.
Once you receive a ballot, here are the steps:
1) After researching the candidates (elections.orem.org), you can choose UP TO three candidates to vote for.
2) Fold your ballot and put it in the affidavit envelope provided. YOU MUST SIGN THE ENVELOPE WHERE INDICATED!
3) If you're a first time Utah voter you will receive an insert in your ballot asking you to provide a copy of your ID (instructions will be included) . If you don't have access to a copier, you can bring your ID to the Recorder's Office to be copied. Remember, you will need to put it in the envelope so don't seal it before making the photocopy.
4) Fold the envelope flap along the dotted line to cover your signature.
5) Notice the two shiny adhesive strips. Moisten both of them and fold the flap at the second dotted line. These adhesive strips will seal your ballot safely in the envelope and keep people from being able to see your signature when it's in the mail.
6) Please clearly print your return address and name.
7) Return the envelope to the City Recorder's Office at 56 N. State
- You may it put in the mail (City will pay the postage)-MUST be postmarked BEFORE the election (Aug. 11 - Primary Election; November 3 - General Election) OR
- You may drop it off in person at the Recorder's Office-including on Election Day