March 16, 2020
The Village and Town of Ossining have received considerable guidance from various County, State, and Federal agencies of how to contain the spread of COVID-19, which is shared on the Village’s website via the
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) page
and on the Town’s Website via
COVID-19 Resources page
. We have since implemented precautionary actions to limit the exposure and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in all of Ossining’s Municipal Buildings. Currently, there are no reported cases in the Ossining, however it is crucial the Village and Town take these precautionary steps.
The Village and Town Department Heads and Staff are prepared to address the needs of residents and business owners, as well as answer any questions via email or phone. We encourage you to access
as well as the
Town of Ossining’s Website
to guide you on how to best address your particular issue or concern.
EFFECTIVE Tuesday, March 17th:
Ossining’s Municipal Buildings will be closed to the general public. Resource information regarding all of Ossining’s Departments are as follows:
16 Croton Ave
- Assessor’s Office: (914)273-3000
- MMRC Property Search
- Receiver of Taxes: (914) 762-0635
- We are NOT accepting any payments at the Municipal Building, nor are we accepting cash at this time. Here are other payment options:
- You can use your bank's bill pay service – just indicate the address of the parcel on the check.
- You can pay electronically on our Town of Ossining Tax Bill Online Payment
- You can drop your payment in the dedicated mail slot at the Ossining Post Office.
- You can mail your payment
- Town Supervisor’s Office: (914) 762-6001
- Treasurer & Finance Department: (914) 941-2581
- Village of Ossining Tax Bill Online Payment
- Village/Town Clerk’s Office: (914) 762-8428
- Dog License Renewal
- Submit a FOIL Request
- Other services available by appointment only
- Village Personnel Department: (914) 762-6063
- Village Manager’s Office: (914) 941-3554
Rodrigues Ossining Operations Center
- Town of Ossining Building Department: (914) 762-8419
- Village Building Department: (914) 941-3199
- Village Planning Department: (914) 762-6232
- Village Public Works/Water: (914) 941-6111
- Water Billing: (914) 941-2581
- Village Highway/Sanitation/Sewer: (914) 941-4660
85 Old Route 100
- Town of Ossining Highway Department: (914) 941-2241
Joseph G. Caputo Community Center (Recreation Center)
The Joseph G. Caputo Community Center (Recreation Center) is closed to the public until future notice, as the gym is being repurposed to provide food distribution in collaboration with Feeding Westchester. Patrons are asked to drive up or walk up for curbside distribution.
Food Distribution will be provided at the following sites this week on Tuesday, March 17th and Friday, March 20th as follows:
Ossining Community Center, 9AM-11AM
Market Square, 12PM-2PM (walk-up only)
Star of Bethlehem Church, 4PM- 7PM
Senior Nutrition Program
Home delivered meals will continue for those who have signed up. We encourage seniors to consider signing up for daily RUOK calls – please call 914-762-1350 to register to get a call each morning to check in on you.
The Town of Ossining Court will be closed as of 5pm today, Monday, March 16, 2020.
We believe all pending cases will be adjourned for approximately 45 days. Please contact the Justice Court at 914-762-8562 with specific questions. Please note this is subject to further changes as we receive them from the Court System.
Cedar Lane Arts Center
The Cedar Lane Arts Center is closed until further notice. All programs are cancelled. Food Scrap Recycling Residential Kits are not available for sale until further notice. Please sign up for
Ossining Composts Mailing List
for more information. Food scraps may still be dropped off in the green bins at the park.
Dale Cemetery will be closed except for burials starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
Attendance at burial services will be limited to a maximum of 10 people.
Ossining Police Department - OPEN, no change
Village of Ossining Public Meetings
The Village Board has cancelled all appointed volunteer Boards. The next Village Board of Trustee meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Town of Ossining Public Meetings
The Town Board has cancelled all Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, non-essential Committee Meetings, and Town Board Work Sessions until April 15, 2020. Town Board Legislative Sessions scheduled for March 24 and April 14 have not yet been cancelled.
The Village and Town of Ossining