Dear Happy Hooves friends and family,
2017 was such an amazing year for Happy Hooves. We were able to have more special needs individuals and at risk youth ride than ever before. So much of this is because of our generous donors, dedicated volunteers and staff, and amazing therapy horses! Listed below are just a few of my favorite things from 2017, remember to click on the blue links and enjoy!
- A completely updated Happy Hooves website with rider testimonies, horse bios, gorgeous photos, and more! Please be sure to check it out!
- The Greenville Journal featured our therapy horse, Hannah, on their cover page and wrote about Happy Hooves in the article "Bit by Bit"
- "This place is overflowing with Jesus" was one of the best compliments we received this year. It was said by our emcee, Christine Scarpelli, at Wines and Equines, our annual fundraiser for Happy Hooves.
- A summer of smiles, laughter, and growth from the 45 special needs children and at risk youth who received summer camp scholarships from Helens Hugs, a long time supporter of Happy Hooves.
- Watching WSPA News Channel 7's feature story about our therapeutic riding student, Walker and "his" horse, Rose.
- We celebrated our 14th year of "School at the Barn" and we are continuing to see positive results. Thanks to the generosity of Helen's Hugs, and Dabo and Kathleen Swinney's ALL IN TEAM Foundation for their generosity in funding this program, which allows special needs classrooms and at-risk youth from Upstate schools to come to Eden Farms once a month.
- The riding trails, beautiful all 4 seasons! At the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, you can pass by a waterfall as well as beautiful views of Caesar's Head and Table Rock State Park!
- Happy Trails Happy Hooves episode on Scaly Adventures.
- Christmas at the Barn was great fun with "reindeer rides" and so much more!
- Happy Hooves Therapy Horse Go Fund Me. We are needing to purchase 4 new horses to give our older horses a much needed break.
- You, our friends, who make such a difference in the lives of special needs children right here in the Upstate! Volunteer, donate, or write a review!
Wishing you all the best in the new year,
Wanted: Free Lease Horses
Do you have a horse that you would like to receive free daily board, lots of love, and make a difference in the lives of individuals in the Upstate of SC? Eden Farms and Happy Hooves are looking for horses to free lease to be part of our riding lesson program, therapeutic lessons for special needs children, trail rides, and summer camps.
We are looking for healthy horses between 6 to 15 years old. They need to soundly walk, trot, and canter in the arena. For over 16 years, Eden Farms has been family owned and operated and has offered horseback riding for all ages and abilities. The horse would remain under your ownership and we would provide it full board at Eden Farms and use it in our riding programs here.
Like us? Love us? Please review us!
Your online reviews will help others find out about the horseback riding we offer here! It's free and easy!
For Eden Farms (able-bodied riding):
Please click here to review us on Eden Farms' Facebook page
For Happy Hooves (therapeutic riding):
Please click here to review us on the Happy Hooves' Facebook page
Workplace Giving - Employee Matching Program
Many employers also have programs designed to match their employees' charitable giving, and this is an easy way to double your impact! You can ask your employer if they have an Employee Matching Gift program and you may be surprised to find out there are many companies who offer this.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Amy Goudelock and she will be happy to help you at
Supporting us just got easier, every time you shop on AMAZON!
Every time you SHOP on Amazon, you can be donating to Happy Hooves at no extra cost to you. Just start your shopping here AmazonSmile and register Happy Hooves Inc. as your charity so all of your eligible purchases will benefit Happy Hooves!
And, SHARE this with everyone you know! We are a 501c(3) organization and would LOVE your support!
Christmas at the Barn was a hit!
Christmas at the Barn, Sunday, December 10 - hundreds came out to enjoy a chilly but sunny afternoon of "reindeer rides", a live interactive nativity, Santa, crafts, hot chocolate, cookies, and more! Check out some fun pictures here!
In case you missed Happy Hooves on Scaly Adventures...
Happy Trails Happy Hooves episode on Scaly Adventures. The episode aired on November 18th on the DayStar TV channel. Here is the footage in case you missed it!
Friends of the Farm
Special thanks to our recent donors for making a difference in the lives of special needs children and at-risk youth through equine related therapies:
- Helen's Hugs
- Dabo and Kathleen Swinney's ALL IN TEAM Foundation
- First Presbyterian Church of Greenville
- Cameron Construction
- Systems Specialties
- Pam and Robbie Cole
- Mike and Ellen Johnson
- Mark and Kym Klapperich
- Diane Smock
- Amy and Gary Goudelock
- Bob and Melinda Hoover
- Levi McCall
- Sam and Jane Wyche
- Janet Masters
- The Tack Shop
- Myra Green
- Sandy Miller
- Helen and Eric Graben
- Debra Spear
- Marilyn Jones
- Mary Anne Inglis
- Victoria Chance
- Amy Blackwell
- Jane Scheer
- Roy and Nancy Sutterfield
- Louis Parris
- Beth Furr
- Richard Migliore
- Tamah Jones
- Lonnie Davis Electrical
- James and Barbara Pumerill
- Frances Beam
- Amy Lawson
- Susan Phillips
- The Prewett Family
- Carl Walsh
- Suzanne O'dell
- Mark and Terry Gordon
- Philip and Gilda Hendricks
- Glyn Sandzen
- Mark and Kristin McInnis
- Sandy and Wanda Hagood
- Tameh Jackson Jones
- Lonnie Davis Electric
- Garry and Melissa Brown
- Peggy and Dave Abbott
- John and Jane Brunch
- Bryan and Lodene Goodwin
- Hugh S. Mason
- Donald and Mary Dromm
- Jeanne Ahrenholtz
- Cheryl Evans
- Dr. and Mrs. Holsen
- William and Sherrie Burdett
- Bucky and Edwina Chase
- Abbe S. Fass
- James King
- Johnny and Karen Cooper
- Dennis Dabney
- Dr. and Mrs. Ed Lominak
- Dr. and Mrs. Reid
- Jane Wyche
- Linda Schulz
- Bucky and Edwina Crane
- Marge Moon and Jack Brock
- Mel and Jeanette Brock
- Debbie Moyer
- Tim Moyer
- Frank and Courtney Eppler
- Mike and Ellen Johnson
- Irene Backer
- Emmie & Robbie Morris
Did You Know?
Happy Hooves has been a PATH International Premier Accredited Center since 2005. In fact, we are one of only six Premier Accredited Centers in South Carolina, and the only one in the Upstate. This accreditation is a rigorous process requiring centers to meet stringent requirements for staff, facilities, and programs. A program must be re-accredited every five years.
Your contribution helps special needs children and adults, as well as at-risk children and teens.
Happy Hooves is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.