WELCOMING NEW 2018 BOARD MEMBERS
Our Friends Place
is very excited to welcome new Board members in 2018. Each person brings valuable experience, expertise, and ideas as well as a passion for the future of OFP and the community we serve. Joining the board is:
- Kelley Geary Burks, Community Volunteer
- Dorinda Cavender, Cavender Real Estate
- Ashley Cook, ZOCCAM and Cook Law Firm
- Barby Crabtree, Morgan Stanley
- Emily Hsieh, Alerian and Narrative Financial
- Kim Drake-Loy, Mortgage Contracting Services
- Jamie Slagel, Slagel Management
- Brenda Ewing Snitzer, The Stewpot
- Jill Svoboda, BDO
- Cody Thompson, EY
NEW WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN NORTH TEXAS GIVING DAY
Our Friends Place looks forward to participating in the
Communities Foundation of Texas
' 10th annual
North Texas Giving Day
September 20, 2018
! As we continue to celebrate OFP's 30th anniversary we hope our many FRIENDS will support OFP with a gift of
$30 or more
during this annual giving event for nonprofits in the North Texas area.
There are new and different ways to take part this year:
- Starting August 16th, donors can create their own Peer-to-Peer FUNdraising pages allowing donors to connect and engage their network to help fundraise for OFP.
- 10 Days of Scheduled Giving from September 10 to September 19 (gifts processed on 9/20).
Your support gives hope for our young ladies to keep investing in themselves and here's how:
- $30 to shop for personal health/well-being items
- $50 allows a client to purchase an interview outfit or required work attire (i.e. uniforms or specific color combinations)
- $75 provides groceries
- $100 for monthly DART bus passes to get to school and work
Thank you for supporting OFP during North Texas Giving Day and funding programs vital to helping our young women soar to success.
PARTNERSHIP SUPPORT FOR OUR FRIENDS PLACE
Here are easy ways OFP can easily benefit from everyday shopping, both online and in-store:
- Shop at smile.amazon.com today, select Our Friends Place as the designated charity and Amazon will give 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to our organization. Shopping on Amazon is no different through this program - same vast selection, same low prices, and same customer service.
- For those wanting to support the young women in our programs, a client wish list can be found by searching Our Friends Place in the 'find a list or registry' feature.
- Link Tom Thumb Reward cards to OFP's Good Neighbor number 2759 and OFP receives 1% of total grocery purchases (exclusions apply).
- Link Kroger Plus cards to OFP's Non-Profit Organization #83992 and OFP receives a donation based on a percentage of grocery sales quarterly through their Community Rewards Program. Update NPO numbers annually either online or at local Kroger stores.
- Facebook users can create a Facebook Birthday fundraiser by selecting Our Friends Place as the charity, enter the amount of money you want to raise, list an end date and add a title and description of why you want an Our Friends Place birthday fundraiser. This is a fun way to share your special day with a network of Friends while growing awareness about OFP's mission.
Be a Friend. Change a Life.
*Toilet bowl cleaner
*Kitchen & Bath size trash bags
*Vibrant colored towel sets (2 each - bath, hand and washcloth)
*Motions Hair Care, Shea Moisture, and Dr. Miracle hair products
*Underwear (Med.-XXXL) sizes
*Walmart gift cards
*DART bus passes
SOAR clients - Single-serve cans of food, pudding, applesauce, peanut butter and snack food items
Ways to Get Involved
- Share your talents and knowledge on a committee
- Redecorate a TLC bedroom or living space
- Offer crucial support to our office staff
- Engage the community to gather school supplies, personal items and more
- Put your party planning skills to good use for our annual fundraiser
Our Friends Place helps young women, between the ages of 18 and 24, break the generational cycles of abuse, neglect, poverty and homelessness through empowering self-reliance and independence. OFP provides a supportive home and teaches the skills young women need to become self-reliant adults. OFP young women enroll in an educational or vocational program, hold a job and pay a portion of their earnings as rent and savings. The nonresidential
SOAR to Success outreach curriculum teaches young women (15 - 24 years of age) weekly life skills through high school, community college and local resource programs.
Our Friends Place Staff
Sue Thiers Hesseltine,
Melanie Jones Meijering,
Beazley House Site Manager
Pauline's Place Site Manager
Our Friends Place
6500 Greenville Ave
Dallas TX 75206