Where did the time go? Our Friends Place (OFP), founded by Susybelle Gosslee, is celebrating 30 years this December!
Looking back reminds us how OFP has touched the lives of many girls and young women who walked through the doors of Our Friends Place Episcopal Girls Home, Beazley House and, more recently, Pauline's Place! As we look ahead to the next milestone, OFP will continue to provide a stable living environment, supportive and goal-oriented programs, plus life skills lessons through residential and non-residential avenues. Our programs are designed to empower young women to become self-reliant, independent and responsible citizens of the community.
Over the next several months OFP will highlight 30 years of SOARING HEROES who played instrumental roles in guiding and supporting Our Friends Place. If you have any mementos from the past 30 years, such as photos, stories, or alumni information to share, please let us know.
We want to continue to celebrate and recognize the achievements of Our Friends Place and the many lives changed as we help young women soar to success. Acknowledging these successes and Soaring Heroes will culminate at the 30th Anniversary Gala - Auction & Casino Night next April and this will be an event you'll want to attend! Click here for more information about the Gala.
|Our Friends Place Founder, Susybelle Gosslee
HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING
One of the joys of the holiday season is amazing Friends who gift the young women living at Beazley House and Pauline's Place with Christmas wish list goodies! Take a look at some everyday items the clients can use and let us know how you can help.
Here are some ways OFP can easily benefit from your holiday and every day shopping, both online and in-store:
- Select Our Friends Place as your preferred charity and Amazon will give 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to our organization. Shopping on Amazon is no different through this program - same vast selection, same low prices, and same customer service. Shop at smile.amazon.com today, select Our Friends Place as the designated charity and give the gift that gives twice!
- Link Tom Thumb Reward cards to OFP's Good Neighbor number 2759 and OFP receives 1% of total grocery purchases (exclusions apply).
- Link Kroger Plus cards to OFP's Non-Profit Organization #83992 and OFP receives a donation based on a percentage of grocery sales quarterly. Update NPO numbers annually either online or at local Kroger stores.
THANK YOU TO OUR VALUABLE VOLUNTEERS!
Our Friends Place is grateful to have the support of many volunteers and community organizations, such as Lakewood Service League and Brown Bag Brigade (members of Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church), during the busy fall season.
We appreciate and value each volunteer that helped collate, stuff, stamp and seal over 4,000 letters during two major mailing events. These mailings finished on schedule because of the support of these engaged volunteers. There are many volunteer opportunities so let us know if you want to be a part of changing the lives of the young women we serve. Check Voly.org regularly for upcoming volunteer activities.
Toilet bowl cleaner
Dishwasher soap (pods)
Pots and pans
Kitchen & Bath size trash bags
Black & Blue pens
Manual pencil sharpeners
Vibrant colored towel sets (2 each - bath, hand and washcloth)
Motions Hair Care, Shea Moisture, and Dr. Miracle hair products
No show socks
Underwear (Med.-XXXL) sizes
Walmart gift cards
DART bus passes
To donate, contact Cindy Washlesky or Brenda Snitzer at
Ways to Get Involved
- Share your talents and knowledge on a committee
- Redecorate a bedroom or living space for young women
- Offer crucial support to our office staff
- Engage the community to gather school supplies, personal items and more
- Put your party planning skills to good use for our annual fundraiser
To get involved, email
Our Friends Place helps young women, between the ages of 18 and 24, break the generational cycles of abuse, neglect, poverty and homelessness through empowering self-reliance and independence. OFP provides a supportive home and teaches the skills young women need to become self-reliant adults. OFP young women enroll in an educational or vocational program, hold a job and pay a portion of their earnings as rent and savings.
Our Friends Place Staff
Sue Thiers Hesseltine,
Brenda Ewing Snitzer,
Beazley House Site Manager
Pauline's Place Site Manager
Our Friends Place
6500 Greenville Ave
Dallas TX 75206