Meeting called to order by President Rachel Toomey. Total attendance: 22. Members 17, 1 other Kiwanis member-Gunney Matthews, speaker Ziomara Lee, guests-Kelly Welborn from Rayma Page and her daughter Lily, also daughter and granddaughter of Linda Petrik. We also received an application from our soon to be new member Erin McNulty!
- Have you sold your dining books yet? Gunney, from San Carlos Park club came to get more books today. He has sold 65 for us and presented us with a check today. Thanks Gunney!
- Want to unload some old but clean T-shirts? Karen reports that Aktion Club is collecting them and making dog toys out of them. Bring them in and Karen will make the delivery.
- We received a thank you letter from Early Learning Coalition. They sold some dining books and received $200 for their efforts! Susan Block is the CEO and a member of our club.
- We will be having an Interclub with Pine Island on June 18th, 5:30-7:30pm for a pool party event for families. Pine Island Public Pool (5675 Sesame Dr. Bokeelia 33922). We'll be taking homemade cookies. We are looking for a minimum of four members to attend. We are having a board meeting that night so we hope others can go. Please connect with Steve Hess.
- An email was sent with details on a Beach Chamber bowling party social July 18th 4pm-9pm.
Sensory Room check presentation
Today Kelly Welborn, Intervention Specialist, accepted a check on behalf of Rayma C. Page Elementary. This is the 4th school where we have sponsored a sensory/autism room.The room will be a place students can access to help meet their sensory needs. The school will be purchasing adapted furniture, sensory toys, a light system to name a few items. Per Erin Reed, "this room is where students can go and calm their nervous systems and gain appropriate sensory input.They (our club) are helping us create an environment that all of our students will benefit from."
Pictured above is Kelly Welborn (L) and President Rachel Toomey.