We had an opportunity to present to the Honourable Vic Fedeli, Minister of Finance at a 2019 Budget Consultation Wednesday evening January 23, 2019.
Given the current fiscal burden, the Minister asked for ideas about how the government can work smarter, spend smarter and reinvent the way it delivers government services. They asked for innovative and cost-effective ideas that can:
- cut red tape for businesses and people who access government services
- improve the way we deliver government programs or services
- save taxpayers’ money
They also wanted to hear ideas on the best ways to fulfill the government’s five core commitments to:
- put more money in people’s pockets
- clean up the hydro mess by lowering hydro bills
- make Ontario open for business by creating and protecting jobs
- restore accountability and trust to end the culture of waste and mismanagement in government
- cut hospital wait times and end hallway healthcare
Our Advocacy Committee met to discuss our key issues; and we received input from our members. Matt Esseltine, President, Tillsonburg District Chamber of Commerce presented our membership's key points. See
for our summary.
Tillsonburg District Chamber of Commerce