To our HYPE Community,
One of the best things about
HYPE Freedom School, Inc. (HYPE)
supportive community of families, out of school time professionals, community leaders and donors
. Now more than ever, we’re leaning on each other as we make decisions about this summer’s programs.
We’re in close communication with
Children’s Defense Fund
, our sponsors, and local health departments as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. Together, we’re actively discussing the latest updates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and local authorities.
Every day we’re planning for
to happen because we believe
will be the most important we’ve ever run for our scholars and our staff.
With all our hearts
, we’re hoping for the best. However, we’re also planning for other outcomes.
We’re working on three scenarios for summer 2020:
- Move forward as scheduled
- Shorten the summer schedule
- Cancel in person programs for the entire summer and offer online support
There is a lot of uncertainty in all our lives right now, and much we cannot control. Please know we are here for you. Social distancing keeps us from one another physically, but virtually
we will continue to stay connected with our families, followers and friends. Here are just a few ways:
- Facebook Fridays: Tune in to Facebook every Friday at 11:30am and 1:00pm to join the Freedom School magic of reading, recognitions, cheers and chants!
- Weekly Counseling Services: This time is different and challenging for us all. HYPE's Licensed Family Therapist is available for sessions for any HYPE past or present scholar, intern or parent.
- Virtual Book Discussions and Dance Breaks: Does your scholar want to read something they enjoy and engage with our college interns? Stay tuned for more information on how to sign your child up!
- Listening Sessions: Are you missing the daily talks with your coworkers or just chatting with another adult? We are looking forward to expanding our parent empowerment seminars to teleconferencing!
Please note, we’ll make a final decision about our summer programs late April-early May. New information becomes available every day, and we want to be sure we’re making the most informed decision possible.
The health and safety of our scholars, staff and community are the most important part of our final decision.
Regardless of what summer 2020 ends up looking like,
we will continue to support our HYPE family and community in any way we can