We know you’re being flooded with a ton of information and updates as we all deal with the COVID-19 (coronavirus) emergency but we want to provide a few important updates of our own.
First, we’re planning to stay open unless we’re ordered to close by the health authorities
. We’re paying close attention to government communications and we’ll continue to make decisions based on the latest science-based information. We also have a contingency plan in place to be available to communicate if we are mandated to stay home.
Second, we will not be adopting spring-summer hours until further notice. We are maintaining our current business hours of 6:30am-3:00pm Monday-Friday.
Finally, we do not anticipate any supply chain interruptions at this time but we have increased our stock of items that could potentially be impacted.
We have implemented several safety measures to keep both our customers and employees safe during this time:
- Until further notice we have closed all spaces other than our retail store and yard to the public.
- We have implemented social distancing in our offices, yard and warehouse.
- We are ensuring that all employees wash and sanitize their hands regularly.
- We are sanitizing frequently touched items such as faucets, light switches, and doorknobs multiple times a day.
- Any employees who are sick or may have been exposed to the virus are required to stay home.
- We have cancelled all scheduled workshops.
We are working to set up remote access for employees who can work from home, and we are also accommodating employees who are considered high risk or who are juggling childcare and work. Please be patient as we adapt and work to put these measures into place.
Our thoughts go out to all those who have been already affected by COVID-19. We hope that you remain safe and healthy and remember: wash your hands.
The Team at Henry Frerk Sons